EHHA Rev A - Interest Thread
Feb 24, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #1,426 of 1,752

Quote:
So it appears, my bad - time to update the BOM on the Cavalli DIY site, though the J511 is also listed as obsolete at Mouser. But it will work, if you can identify the part in Jeff's kit.

EDIT: See post http://www.head-fi.org/t/506984/ehha-rev-a-interest-thread/1290#post_7422832

So, my question continues.  I called up Jeff and he was really helpful, and knew right away that I needed to look for the J511 in my kit.  It was there, all was good.  However, later I stumbled on a different set of what also looked like J511's. 

Basically, I have 4 CRD1's, one pair of them clearly says J511 on it.  the other pair has a J, and then on the next line it says 511.  The product code for the latter is something like C531_ but I can't remember the last letter/number.  The product code for the former is C090_ where I also can't remember the last letter/number.

Which CRD1 should I use?  It seems as they may be the same because I don't need the second pair at all in the kit. 

EDIT:

I asked Jeff about this and he just said I got a bonus set, but to use the ones that were most obviously the J511's just in case.  Another happy customer of Glass Jar Audio.

Apr 10, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #1,427 of 1,752
Well, EHHA Rev A is now finished.  I'm listening to it right now.  It is an incredible amp!  I'll put some pictures... somewhere, in some thread...

May 7, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #1,428 of 1,752
Hey i've been looking around a bit for a complete BOM on this amp and i have a few questions.  Is the BOM on the cavalli website for this amp complete minus the enclosure? Also if itd be less expensive to order the parts individually ill do that otherwise ill buy the GJA kit.  However does the GJA kit have ALL included parts? if not what will i need.  Also it seems most people go MOSFET but is there an advantage to going BJT? some people seem to like it more some people seem to feel indifferent.  I dont know too much about the electronic difference so if anyone could explain that'd be great.. I'm a pretty good DIY'er but im pretty ignorant on what everything in an amp schematic is actually used for.  I just follow instructions well, id like to learn too though.  Anything i should know before i start? thank you, so much. 

-Sean

May 7, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #1,429 of 1,752
GO with the GJA kit. It includes all parts needed to stuff the boards. I am not entirely sure if it includes an ALPS RK27 pot or not. CHeck with him.

YOu will need to provide hardware, chassis, connectors, wiring to finish up the amp.

GOod luck..its a great amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back