Eh?
Feb 2, 2007 at 6:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

echiang06

100+ Head-Fier
I recently downloaded some free music for my computer from the other thread. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, so I decided to upgrade my computer/source, to see how good it could get. I got a m-audio audiophile usb in the mail today. I got it on ebay at the beginning of the week, and began "acquiring" flac music files. I downloaded foobar, and I'm playing music through it, but when I play a mozart requiem file, it starts skipping really loudly at random spots. If I stop it and start playing again, it gets better, but sometimes the weird skipping will appear in a different spot, and I have to stop and start again. My question is, is this a problem with the file, or is there some setting I forgot to take care of ? If anyone knows the solution to my problem, help would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 2, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #2 of 4
Do you use Asio4All or some other kind of kernel streaming? If you are using something like that it might be the latency. You need to have a higher latency if that is what causes it.

It could be your harddrive aswell. In this case: Use Asio4All or some other kind of kernel streaming.
biggrin.gif

Things like this happen more often with usb devices than PCI cards. I am sure you will be able to fix it some way or the other.

Feb 5, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #3 of 4
Something may be hooging your computer. Increasing the buffers may help but if you could get rid of the source of the problem it would be great,,. the trouble is that it's hard to tell what that could be (device/driver such as a wireless NIC, software running in the background such as useless Windows services, whatever). Also look at the CPU priority and power management settings of your OS.

Feb 5, 2007 at 10:30 AM Post #4 of 4
If your computer/laptop uses Minimal Power Management, which changes your CPU speed+voltage automatically depending on load, try switching it to for example "always on" in windows control panel -> power options.
I have M-Audio Transit Usb and it had the same problem.
M-Audio also has the problem in the FAQ on their home page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back