Eggo's > HD595s - am i crazy?
Dec 5, 2005 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Sl300

Head-Fier
no this maybe because i listen to ONLY hiphop. I got the eggo's sometime in oct, and i've used them just about everyday for approx 2 hours. I loved them but i wanted to see what was the fuss about open phones esp senns. So i decided to get a set for home use.

I picked up the Hd595's over the A900's because a member on audio hifi was selling a pair and turns out we goto the same university so the deal was done in about 2 days nice and easy. I've had them for about a week and a bit now and they have still not grown on me.

It seems like the eggo's pack more of a punch, the senns sound much clearer but not by much.. is it just me? i would play a song w/ the eggo's, pause 1/2 way thru and plug in the senns and would prefer the eggo sound.

Watching movies/shows however i prefer the senns slightly more

Like i said before, it mite be because im listening to only hiphop, if anyone wants to "yousendit.com" me some songs thru PM then feel free. I am VERY new to headphones, maybe i just cant tell the difference
confused.gif

Dec 5, 2005 at 3:33 AM Post #2 of 8
It doesn't mean you're crazy. Everybody hears things differently and may prefer one sound signature over another. Some people like Senns (though the 595s are necessarily the typical Senn sound), some like Grados, etc. Gotta go with what you like. Some also prefer different sound signatures for different music, ex. some people may listen to Grados for rock and Senns for classical. It's all a matter of personal preference and what does it for you....

Ant

Dec 5, 2005 at 4:35 AM Post #3 of 8
Hi Sl300,

Could you please clarify on why you like the bass of the eggos more than the senns? Is it more powerful, or some other quality that stands out?

Also, do you prefer the HD595 for movies because the sound is more spreadout and spacious feeling?

-Shan

Dec 5, 2005 at 4:37 AM Post #4 of 8
I have a pair of half-egged Pioneers that are leather from the 70s that I love the sound on. They do pack a punch. Its like "california" sound vs. east coast or british (speaker wise).
Does that make sense? After the AB test, stick with what you like
wink.gif
Not what other people say you should like.

Dec 5, 2005 at 5:33 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
Hi Sl300,

Could you please clarify on why you like the bass of the eggos more than the senns? Is it more powerful, or some other quality that stands out?

Also, do you prefer the HD595 for movies because the sound is more spreadout and spacious feeling?

-Shan

the bass on the eggo's hit alot of harder then the senns, HOWEVER when im listening to more "melodic" music (which is rare) then the senns stand out not by much though. and yes the hd595 for movies (was watching resident evil) was very good, spacious is hte word, but i wouldnt mind using the eggo's either.

becaues of the portability, the comfort, and the bass, i love my eggo's much more, maybe because they were my first set of cans

also the senn hd595 has a very big adapter that has to be used to be plugged into the computer, sometimes if i move hte wire to much the sound would switch into only one ear, but maybe my soundcard is loose

Dec 5, 2005 at 6:07 AM Post #6 of 8
I was surprised to hear that you listen to hiphop with them. By no means considered a basshead can, but I'm also very satisifed with the bass for all types of music including hiphop. It's hard to get used to big and clunky headphones when you've got a really great compromise in portability, comfort, and sound with the sonys. Probably my overall favorites, and the ones I would keep if I had to give up the rest.

Dec 5, 2005 at 8:04 AM Post #7 of 8
The HD 595 have tight bass, but not powerful bass. They are fairly neutral in musical reproduction. Maybe you are not used to natural sounding bass yet. Other cans, like the DT 770, boost the bass, which some might prefer for music like hip hop. Maybe you should give your cans a little more time and try to get into their sound signature. I'd advise against constantly switching cans in this case, because it prevents the ears (brain?) from adjusting properly.

Dec 5, 2005 at 5:53 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilDwarf
The HD 595 have tight bass, but not powerful bass. They are fairly neutral in musical reproduction. Maybe you are not used to natural sounding bass yet. Other cans, like the DT 770, boost the bass, which some might prefer for music like hip hop. Maybe you should give your cans a little more time and try to get into their sound signature. I'd advise against constantly switching cans in this case, because it prevents the ears (brain?) from adjusting properly.

thanks for the tip, i guess i'll keep the eggo's in its pouch for a few days

Users who are viewing this thread

Back