Effective Low cost Amp,Speaker and cables
Jun 20, 2006 at 3:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JackTheRipper

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,
As the title mentions it, I'm looking for a speaker system that I will connect to my PC (Audigy2 ZS) and TV that will have good bass and nice power.So I need an Amp,Speakers and cables.All this at the lowest price possible(still with good quality though).
Thanks,
JackTheRipper.

Jun 20, 2006 at 7:18 PM Post #3 of 6
For an amp, check out Audiogon and maybe search for a vintage Marantz receiver. Also, NAD and Cambridge Audio units show up quite often for good prices. If you really want to go the budget route though, the Sonic Impact T-Amp is your best bet. However, it only has one 1/9th input, so you'll be using a splitter and an adapter to hook up your TV and soundcard. Regardless, it's an awesome budget amp, and can be had for under $30.

For speakers, check out a thread I started a bit ago, right here. I have a set of Paradigm Atoms that I'll be using with my PC, and they are great, especially for the price.

Speaker cables are a toss up, especially for a budget system. You could always get some thick lamp wire at a Lowe's or Home Depot, but if you want to get a set more geared towards audio enthusiasts, www.signalcable.com has some great offerings starting at $70 for 6 feet.

Jun 20, 2006 at 7:28 PM Post #4 of 6
If you are going to use a t-amp you might want to think about the efficiency that a full range speaker like fostex brings.

It's really basic DIY (no cross-over) and parts even with cut panels can total under $100 - the sound is not for everyone but if you like it (listen to a Tivoli model 1 to get a taste) it is a killer set up with the t-amp.

For wire you could use some radio shack magnet wire or some Speltz Anti-cables.

Jun 20, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #5 of 6
Oh yeah I forgot about the Anti-Cables, they are pretty cheap and are always on Audiogon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back