effect of Grado input jack on ipods. problem?
Apr 26, 2009 at 7:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mr.chEn

New Head-Fier
Personally, I have gone through about 3 ipod touches all due to the terminals inside the ipods input jacks getting too far pushed in, which results in either left or right sound failure. this same problem happened to my friend and his ipod classic, he has some SR80's and i have a pair of 225's with the adapter, and we both think its the big bulky grado plug to blame. its so sturdy and big that when you move it at all the entire piece moves, as opposed to weaker cables which put less stress on the input jack..
does anybody else have this repeated problem, and does my analysis seem logical?

thanks

Apr 26, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #2 of 4
unless you're swinging your ipod from the cable like a coin purse as you walk i'd just blame the cheap construction of the player itself. Theres no reason the jack should be taking any stress if the cable is slack.

if you cant help yanking on the cable, in any direction, simply bend it 180 degrees up the back of the player and use a rubber band to keep it in place.

Apr 26, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #3 of 4
Better yet, run an LOD out to a small amp, like the iBasso T4 (which can be velcro'd to the back of the touch very easily). IMHO, anything from Grado other than the SR60s and iGrados really should be amped anyway.

Apr 26, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #4 of 4
The weight on the jack will definitely contribute to early failure. An alternative might be to tape a floppy adapter (Grado & Senn sell one) to the back of the iPod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back