Effect Audio New Release | CODE 24 & CODE 24C Limited
Jan 2, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #31 of 63
Hilarious, considering I doubt you'd say that to me in a conversation
I would. Simmer down.

But can they conduct signals to IEMs without detectable distortions? I believe the whole point for these expensive cables is the lack of distortions and improved clarity.
The Fluke ones are not $9. I doubt those hold up as sharp test leads. Regardless, there's different specs for frequency related concerns in microwave leads rather than 1KV/KVA or Current rated leads 1/5/10/20/30 amps before going to clamps/loops.

The point of these cables are upgrades over things such as the (already $500) PW garbage that comes on stuff like the EVO. If you're rocking 3k$ IEM's you can afford a cable swap from anywhere between $60 and $600; difference is those waging a subjective vs objective war and those who understand its functional jewelry.

Edit: included below the cost of actual precision cables that stand up to bending/calibration for microwave and a 127$ cable in the mix I suspect would fail SWR tests and insertion loss within 12-18 months, perhaps even connector dimension reject.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240102_160805_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240102_160805_Chrome.jpg
    545.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240102_160823_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240102_160823_Chrome.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 0
Jan 2, 2024 at 7:32 PM Post #33 of 63
There’s a way to state all these things without being rude to a manufacturer. I bet most people gobbling off wouldn’t have the balls to speak like this in person to someone. But hey, internet
idk about you bro but I’d totally say stuff to a manufacturer’s face lol if I think they’re BSing. Granted…I’d have to try the product in person, but considering we’re talking about a cable?…ya. Skeptical to say the very least unless it actually physically has something which could alter sound characteristics like built in DSP

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 7:54 PM Post #34 of 63
idk about you bro but I’d totally say stuff to a manufacturer’s face lol if I think they’re BSing. Granted…I’d have to try the product in person, but considering we’re talking about a cable?…ya. Skeptical to say the very least unless it actually physically has something which could alter sound characteristics like built in DSP
There’s a big difference between asking reasonable questions in a kind way, and being an ahole. I don’t ever really drink Kool-Aid marketing speak, but if I have doubts about some claims manufacturer makes, I try to raise them reasonably, without attitude or condescension. Generally speaking, I find most people here on this forum act exactly that way. That’s why it’s fun to be part of this community.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 9:26 PM Post #35 of 63
There’s a big difference between asking reasonable questions in a kind way, and being an ahole. I don’t ever really drink Kool-Aid marketing speak, but if I have doubts about some claims manufacturer makes, I try to raise them reasonably, without attitude or condescension. Generally speaking, I find most people here on this forum act exactly that way. That’s why it’s fun to be part of this community.

Why do you feel you owe a manufacturer reason when the manufacturer makes unreasonable claims?

Jan 2, 2024 at 10:00 PM Post #37 of 63
Microwaves. That's in Gigahertz. We're talking audio signals.
I'm not the one linking cheap test leads as a bad faith "gotcha"

Jan 2, 2024 at 10:01 PM Post #38 of 63
To a certain extent I agree that politeness should be a default and that keyboard warriors don’t lead to productive discussion…but
You should realize that this is a community that was almost drug down to the Dark Ages due to boomers and bad actors infiltrating and to put it nicely, “overselling” their claims on audio fidelity. Hi fi in general(especially the price/performance category) is in a MUCH better place now that there is more of an emphasis on scientific analysis and measurable results. If anyone tries to disturb that ecosystem again they really DO deserve to be called out for it in the bluntest of terms until they can prove that their(most likely very expensive products) actually make any kind of measurable difference much less a “big” and “desirable” one.

Jan 3, 2024 at 1:24 AM Post #39 of 63
Cable trolls, like Cave Trolls, can't reason with them.

Jan 3, 2024 at 2:51 AM Post #40 of 63
Well I do recall when I heard the CODE 23 last year, it indeed sounded very impressive

Jan 3, 2024 at 6:53 AM Post #41 of 63
To a certain extent I agree that politeness should be a default and that keyboard warriors don’t lead to productive discussion…but
You should realize that this is a community that was almost drug down to the Dark Ages due to boomers and bad actors infiltrating and to put it nicely, “overselling” their claims on audio fidelity. Hi fi in general(especially the price/performance category) is in a MUCH better place now that there is more of an emphasis on scientific analysis and measurable results. If anyone tries to disturb that ecosystem again they really DO deserve to be called out for it in the bluntest of terms until they can prove that their(most likely very expensive products) actually make any kind of measurable difference much less a “big” and “desirable” one.
This is nothing new, and certainly nothing exclusive to head-fi. There have been overblown claims and emperor has no clothes products in hi-fi for decades. Nothing wrong with questioning it and being skeptical. But it’s not a requirement to be obnoxious while doing so.

And hey, you can always… buy something else?

Jan 3, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #43 of 63
Cable trolls, like Cave Trolls, can't reason with them.
Exactly. Who does Effect Audio think they are shamelessly scamming people like this? Just because HF and most of industry says its okay doesnt make it right.

And hey, you can always… buy something else?
So if I see you drowning in the desert I should just mind my own business? I like to prevent others from disaster whenever convenient enough.

Copper wires at this price is the brand price. If you look at DIY cables and new startups, they have silver and copper cables coated with palladium that’s half this price.
And still overpriced!

Jan 3, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #44 of 63
Exactly. Who does Effect Audio think they are shamelessly scamming people like this? Just because HF and most of industry says its okay doesnt make it right.

So if I see you drowning in the desert I should just mind my own business? I like to prevent others from disaster whenever convenient enough.

And still overpriced!
Bro thanks for your heroic efforts :cry:

Jan 3, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #45 of 63

Users who are viewing this thread

Back