Effect Audio Limited New High End Cable - "Heracles" - Impressions/Reviews
Jul 12, 2016 at 6:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

sonickarma

Headphoneus Supremus
Renowned cable manufacturer 'Effect Audio' are looking to release a new high end cable.

They are currently trying to get some limited stock ready for the world famous e-earphone Portable Audio Festival (portafest) in Tokyo later this year

This cable is limited to 100 units and is a heavily influenced by their recently successful cables - "Leonidas" & "Mars Signature"

Their new cable is called the "Heracles"

It is a Gold Plated Silver cable type and incorporates a newly developed multi size stranded Litz Silver hybrid cable combination.

Following on from the "Leonidas" vision of a natural and life-like signature without coloration to the music. 
The knowledge gained by creating the "Mars Signature" cables have helped considerably in approaching the ideal sound of the natural signature vision.

Effectively the "Heracles" is like a next generation powerful "Leonidas".
I understand a lot of craftsmanship and effort has been put into this newly developed cable.
It certainly looks fantastic and well built.

Hopefully I will get my hands on one and let you know my impressions.

Pricing: TBC

Aug 4, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #2 of 9
I look forward to listening to it. I think I have all the Efect Cables except for this one. Big Fan, especially of the Leonidas

Aug 7, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #7 of 9
Thanks. I have you listened to the ARES II? If you like the Leonidas like I do, the ARES II might be interesting as well (but the Leonidas is more refined sounding)

Aug 7, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #8 of 9
  Thanks. I have you listened to the ARES II? If you like the Leonidas like I do, the ARES II might be interesting as well (but the Leonidas is more refined sounding)

I listened to Ares II with H8.2 and i think it was a great pairing. Sound wise it was really detailed and spacious copper signature.
Above that pretty soft and well made. Personaly i just would take the splitter off which was to heavy for me.  Great cable for $149. 

How much better Leonidas sounds? 

Aug 8, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #9 of 9
  I listened to Ares II with H8.2 and i think it was a great pairing. Sound wise it was really detailed and spacious copper signature.
Above that pretty soft and well made. Personaly i just would take the splitter off which was to heavy for me.  Great cable for $149. 

How much better Leonidas sounds? 

That's hard to put a number on but I'd rate the Leonidas at 90/100. The ARES II like 75 maybe (compared to the leonidas)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back