Effect Audio - April 2020 Horus X Lucky Draw Promotion
Apr 2, 2020 at 2:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17
fb.jpg

Get a brand new Horus X cable for only USD 20?!

This April, the joke is on us!

Effect Audio is launching a coupon promotion where every customer can purchase USD 20 coupons and use the coupons to offset their other EA purchases.

Each purchase of a coupon enables the customer to one chance at a lucky draw where a brand new Horus X cable (worth USD 2499) will be given out to one lucky winner!

THIS IS NOT AN APRIL’S FOOL JOKE!

The grand draw will be live-streamed on both Facebook and WeChat on the 30th of April 2020, 8pm (Singapore Time). Effect Audio’s Managing Director and Founder, Suyang shall be doing the honours of the lucky draw during an Q & A session (To be held in both English and Mandarin).

Promotion Period: 1st April 2020 to 27th April 2020

This promotion is eligible worldwide and coupons can only be purchased through EA’s online store at:

https://www.effectaudio.com/coupon/ea-coupon.html

Terms and Conditions of Promotion:
* Coupons sold can only be used to offset purchases of EA products and are strictly non-refundable for cash.
* Coupons can only be used in blocks of USD 20, no change will be given for excess amounts.
* Effect Audio's decision on the lucky draw winner and usage of coupons is final and solely at Effect Audio's discretion

Let’s share some positivity amongst one another during this difficult times. Together, we shall overcome!

#WeShallOvercome #HorusX #EAFamily

Apr 2, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #2 of 17
So, this is a raffle & if you don't win you can use the amount towards another purchase from EA.

Apr 2, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #3 of 17
is this “bait and switch” ? You bait people into ”free chance of winning an item”, but the Switch here is really that the person will have to use the “credits with the equivalent of Cash” to buy other Items from Effect Audio ?

I apologies if I sounded harsh, but I just wanted to make sure what is the deal. If this is 04/01st, then you have got me

loving your avatar btw. It totally depict me and my hobby such is an “Effects that brought by Audio”, especially cables and sound quality
C864DFE7-6F23-46AA-8BA7-9014DC5160BE.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #5 of 17
is this “bait and switch” ? You bait people into ”free chance of winning an item”, but the Switch here is really that the person will have to use the “credits with the equivalent of Cash” to buy other Items from Effect Audio ?

I apologies if I sounded harsh, but I just wanted to make sure what is the deal. If this is 04/01st, then you have got me

loving your avatar btw. It totally depict me and my hobby such is an “Effects that brought by Audio”, especially cables and sound quality
C864DFE7-6F23-46AA-8BA7-9014DC5160BE.jpeg
Leo's looking good as always isn't he?

This is NOT an April's fool joke, this is an actual initiative for the month of April by Effect Audio.

The purpose of this initiative is to encourage people to purchase more or those who are undecided on their EA purchases to take advantage of the lucky draw that we have this month.

The reason why we went ahead with a coupon system is that we would like people, regardless of their budgets to have a shot and particpate in the lucky draw, we have thought about using purchases in April as a gauge instead but we did not want to force people to make their purchases all in the month of April during the promotion period but instead have the option to purchase coupons to offset future purchases while still participating in the draw at the end of August. (USD 20 is the lowest value of the item that we sell at EA, in case you were wondering)

We would like to advise people against taking this promotion as some sort of pure lottery. In any case, what we are giving away is a product item from EA (albeit a highly valued one) and not cash, gold bar or the like. And the coupons have the exact same value (USD 20 per coupon) in offsetting future purchases from EA, so you are paying exactly what you are getting for when purchasing EA products.

We genuinely hope that everyone who participates in this event genuinely enjoy both the draw and their EA products and that it generates some excitement among the community during these difficult times.

Cheers.

-Nick

Apr 2, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #6 of 17
Leo's looking good as always isn't he?

This is NOT an April's fool joke, this is an actual initiative for the month of April by Effect Audio.

The purpose of this initiative is to encourage people to purchase more or those who are undecided on their EA purchases to take advantage of the lucky draw that we have this month.

The reason why we went ahead with a coupon system is that we would like people, regardless of their budgets to have a shot and particpate in the lucky draw, we have thought about using purchases in April as a gauge instead but we did not want to force people to make their purchases all in the month of April during the promotion period but instead have the option to purchase coupons to offset future purchases while still participating in the draw at the end of August. (USD 20 is the lowest value of the item that we sell at EA, in case you were wondering)

We would like to advise people against taking this promotion as some sort of pure lottery. In any case, what we are giving away is a product item from EA (albeit a highly valued one) and not cash, gold bar or the like. And the coupons have the exact same value (USD 20 per coupon) in offsetting future purchases from EA, so you are paying exactly what you are getting for when purchasing EA products.

We genuinely hope that everyone who participates in this event genuinely enjoy both the draw and their EA products and that it generates some excitement among the community during these difficult times.

Cheers.

-Nick
Draw is at the end of April 2020, apologies for the typo.

Apr 2, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #8 of 17
I just bought a Leonidas II from one of your dealer. Considering coupons are used instead of cash to buy EA products which is basically the same as just using cash outright to buy your products, i feel we should also be entitled to be in the lucky draw since the main purpose is to buy your products..

Apr 2, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #9 of 17
I think this is a great idea. For example my wife makes jewelry and there’s a local bead shop in our neighborhood that she frequents. Small mom and pop shop with no online presence and they rely 100% on retail walk-in traffic. With stay home orders in effect they are closed and making zero revenue. They reached out to customers on their mailing list and politely asked for people to buy gift certificates to help them stay afloat during this time. Obviously customers would use the gift certificates at a future date when they eventually open back up.

This promotion is basically the same thing, except you also get the added benefit of the Horus X raffle. Just view it as buying gift certificates and for every $20 spent you get entered into the raffle. Not bait and switch at all.

For example if you’re in the market for a Maestro cable, buy 5 raffle tickets for $100, use them to buy your cable and now you have 5 entries in the raffle.

Apr 2, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #10 of 17
I might be wrong on this, but isn't this type of promotion illegal in most territories? Typically there has to be a 'no purchase necessary' aspect in order for the promotion to be considered a sweepstakes (legal), instead of a lottery (illegal).

Apr 2, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #11 of 17
Lotteries like this, AKA “lucky draws” are legal in Singapore (and commonplace in many Asian countries). At the value of Horus X all EA has to do is disclose:
  • The method by which the public lottery will be promoted (e.g. print and/or social media);
  • Details of the prizes to be distributed;
  • The manner by which the prizes will be distributed;
  • Whether the winners will be determined only by the results of the public lottery; and
  • The time, date and place of the draw.

Apr 2, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #13 of 17
Lotteries like this, AKA “lucky draws” are legal in Singapore (and commonplace in many Asian countries). At the value of Horus X all EA has to do is disclose:
  • The method by which the public lottery will be promoted (e.g. print and/or social media);
  • Details of the prizes to be distributed;
  • The manner by which the prizes will be distributed;
  • Whether the winners will be determined only by the results of the public lottery; and
  • The time, date and place of the draw.
  • Social media platforms and EA's website
  • Main Draw: Horus X and a secondary draw for Facebook and WeChat Users (check our Facebook page for more details on that)
  • Shipped via DHL, FREE :relaxed:
  • Of course (as below)
  • There will be a Facebook livestream event on the 30th of April 2020, 8pm via EA's FB page where the draw for both the secondary and main draw will take place, LIVE.

Apr 3, 2020 at 12:53 AM Post #14 of 17
2500/20 = 125 coupons to cover the full retain price of this cable.
Looking at it more closely, with the cashback of a $20 coupon, and assuming a hundred coupons are bought, of which, say, five buy the cheapest effect audio product (that is, the $100 Maestro), it all rebounds rebounds as an minimum of $250 on top of the coupons (assuming a manufacturing cost of around $30, minus the $20 from the coupon) which sounds to be quite a stonkian proposition (assuming 20*95=1900+250=2150. Assuming a $1000 manufacturing cost that revolves back to a $1150 profit plus quite a bit of free advertisement and the potential to bring in far more profit than what would have been gotten through the sale of a single Horus X through psychological butterfly effect and potential future brand fidelity).
Not bad, though I would not use the #WeShallOvercome for such potentially beneficiary promotion, especially since none of the proceeds are going to Coronavirus treatment (like the HumbleBundle deal on-going for the moment), and, more significantly, because it is a global epidemic that has cut short the lives of nearly 100,000 people. And although I am somewhat of an schizoid sociopath, I still find that a tad sour-tasting.

Apr 3, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #15 of 17
i thought the retail price was the April fools joke... !?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back