Eee PC 1000H
Nov 17, 2008 at 9:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dr13zehn

100+ Head-Fier
I am thinking of getting one of those puppies and was wondering how it sounds straight out of the HP out.

I am thinking about modding it, but won't if the sound is somewhat decent.

Thanks,

Nov 17, 2008 at 10:08 AM Post #2 of 7
I'm using my 1000H with my Triple Fi Pros and FLAC files. The sound quality is damned nice - at least to my ears. The bass is punchy, and sound is very full.

I love it.

Nov 18, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #3 of 7
I just got a 1000H a week ago and have been loving it so far. It's a great little machine.

I have found the sound to be quite good so far. My biggest complaint is output level. I have used my ATH-AD700's with the 1000H and the sound is good, but in a semi-noisy environment and watching a movie encoded with DD5.1 audio, the volume just doesn't quite go loud enough.

I was very thrilled when I realized that the 1000H comes with Dolby Headphone built into the sound card! That's a cool feature and seems to sound great on my AD700's so far.

I've also considered modding if it would help the audio out much. Does anyone know what kind of op-amp is used on the 1000h? I wonder how hard it would be to swap it out with a better one?

Maybe I just need to invest in a HP amp...maybe a cMoy? I've been looking at some of the cMoy's offered with a Bass Boost function as my AD700's are a little soft in the low end.

Hopefully we can get some good info generated in this thread on the 1000H!!

Nov 21, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobn4burton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got a 1000H a week ago and have been loving it so far. It's a great little machine.

I have found the sound to be quite good so far. My biggest complaint is output level. I have used my ATH-AD700's with the 1000H and the sound is good, but in a semi-noisy environment and watching a movie encoded with DD5.1 audio, the volume just doesn't quite go loud enough.

I was very thrilled when I realized that the 1000H comes with Dolby Headphone built into the sound card! That's a cool feature and seems to sound great on my AD700's so far.

I've also considered modding if it would help the audio out much. Does anyone know what kind of op-amp is used on the 1000h? I wonder how hard it would be to swap it out with a better one?

Maybe I just need to invest in a HP amp...maybe a cMoy? I've been looking at some of the cMoy's offered with a Bass Boost function as my AD700's are a little soft in the low end.

Hopefully we can get some good info generated in this thread on the 1000H!!

Not enough volume? I don't even need to put the volume up half-way when I'm listening with earphones.

Unfortunately the Dolby headphone option sounds horrible with my Triple Fi's.

Nov 21, 2008 at 4:10 PM Post #7 of 7
No...by source I meant what type of video are you watching?

Xvid ripped movies, dvd's ripped to hard drive, etc? I ask because I'm wondering if the video/audio source file you watched actually had 5.1 discrete channels?

I don't think Dolby Headphone works well with stereo audio sources. I needs the other channels so you get the correct surround effect.

I've used it on ripped dvd movies with full 5.1 audio source and it sounds great, much better than with it turned off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back