Edwood's Sony R10 Review
Mar 25, 2004 at 6:19 AM Post #16 of 70
Quote:

Originally posted by gpalmer
Personally I would have been spending all my time listening.
biggrin.gif

w0rd.

it sounds like you don't even like that that much. i'm still wondering how anybody could actually compare k1000 to r10, let alone find k1000 better. you must really love them goofy things.

Mar 25, 2004 at 6:20 AM Post #17 of 70
You're a lucky fellow, Mr. Wood.

I'd like to know what you think of the R10 playing out of the SAC (I've never heard a Grace).

Mar 25, 2004 at 6:28 AM Post #20 of 70
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
w0rd.

it sounds like you don't even like that that much. i'm still wondering how anybody could actually compare k1000 to r10, let alone find k1000 better. you must really love them goofy things.

Agreed. Time to take out the garbage. Sell the k1000's already.

Mar 25, 2004 at 6:34 AM Post #21 of 70
Well, I guess my headphone choices are seasonal. If I can't stand wearing them, guess what? I won't.

Yeah, there's still so much for me to listen to and try out. I'm really happy for now.

Yeah, the itchin starts quickly enough. But I just bought a big bottle of calamine lotion.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Mar 25, 2004 at 6:37 AM Post #22 of 70
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
You're a lucky fellow, Mr. Wood.

I'd like to know what you think of the R10 playing out of the SAC (I've never heard a Grace).

Yes, the SAC amp is next. But because it's more powerful than the Grace and I had the Grace at low gain, and I had it at 5-6 clicks. I have to be careful, the R10's is far mroe efficient than the K1000, it would be easy to blow the drivers in the R10 when not being careful switching back and forth from the K1000's.

-Ed

Mar 25, 2004 at 6:39 AM Post #23 of 70
Quote:

Originally posted by ReDVsion
Question: where's the stax hamster of the apocalypse?
biggrin.gif

They kept getting shocked by them. They kept touching the drivers. Damn, curious things. Tiny paws, they have.
biggrin.gif

I'm going to stick with a dynamic setup for the time being. I'll may change my mind when I hear a KGSS and Blue Hawaii, though. Heheh.

-Ed

Mar 25, 2004 at 6:43 AM Post #24 of 70
Quote:

Originally posted by Edwood
Well, I guess my headphone choices are seasonal. If I can't stand wearing them, guess what? I won't.

Then get air conditioning or speakers. Sell all your K1000 stuff, get rid of extra amps, etc. which leaves you more $ to go full out.

Mar 25, 2004 at 6:46 AM Post #25 of 70
nice reviews,

but ,can you please tell me the serial number of your R10s?
and the product year?

because as I see , my R10 has different cleaning stuffs to yours

Mar 25, 2004 at 6:53 AM Post #26 of 70
Quote:

Originally posted by zcx
nice reviews,

but ,can you please tell me the serial number of your R10s?
and the product year?

because as I see , my R10 has different cleaning stuffs to yours

Don't know the product year. Serial is 444. What's yours?

Oh, and mine is the Japanese version, which I guess isn't different, other than all of the documentation is in Japanese.

-Ed

Mar 25, 2004 at 6:57 AM Post #27 of 70
Quote:

Originally posted by lan
Then get air conditioning or speakers. Sell all your K1000 stuff, get rid of extra amps, etc. which leaves you more $ to go full out.

Air conditioning in apartment = loud.
Speakers = pissed off neighbors.
Yadda, yadda, you should know the drill....

Sell?
Why can't I have it all?
evil_smiley.gif

I'm getting rid of some stuff. I'll get there. Eventually. Yeah, who am I kidding? sooner than I think......

-Ed

Mar 25, 2004 at 7:07 AM Post #28 of 70
mine is new~
so, it is clear for me now.
the r10s which producted early years, just like yours, has the different cleaning stuff and the user manual, not because of the version.

BTW, you need your source upgrade.
I used to own K1000, 600+mobius, dt880,er4p,er4s, etc.
my setup is meridian507+hr2+Nordost SPM Reference Interconnects+transparent power cable
And I still want to upgrade my 507!
I now own R10,Baby Orpheus, and SR007+KGSS(coming soon).

I decide to keep these three phones, others I sold them.

Please, please, put the money on your r10 as much as you can, you will find r10 is the one you will never sale.

thx
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back