Educate me about Custom IEMs
Oct 30, 2009 at 9:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kinsale

100+ Head-Fier
So I understand the basics I think. If I had $2-300 to spend where should I look? What brand is recommended?? I like something that doesn't go too deep in ear as well.

Thanks
Ian

Oct 30, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #2 of 5
200~300USD ? how much will you left after going audiologist ? the money left will probably get you single driver custom or at most some not too well known dual driver custom, will it really worth all the trouble for some low end custom when the money will get you really nice universal IEM probably some top tier universal IEMs new or used

Oct 30, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #3 of 5
Well, this is what I am trying to understand. What advantages do custom iems offer that high end iems do not? Is it all just about fit or are they audio advantages?
If $300 is not enough how much is?

Oct 30, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #4 of 5
this is how some custom (NOT TOP OF THE LINE) charges
fidelity dual cost 245USD
Alien Ear dual cost 350USD
JHAudio dual cost 399USD
Ultimate Ears cost 399USD
on top of that you might need to pay shipping and audiologist that is at least 100USD more if no accident happens

Oct 30, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by kinsale /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, this is what I am trying to understand. What advantages do custom iems offer that high end iems do not? Is it all just about fit or are they audio advantages?
If $300 is not enough how much is?

mainly a perfect fit and better isolation then unversails. how ever high end customs go beyond unversails in SQ(aka flag ship models, such as the JH13)

and yes, 300 would be a engough to get a low end model of customs, but like others are saying for that you might as well get a top-tier unversals new or used.

somebody with more experince, please feel free to bash everything I just said as totatly wrong(since I'm just going of from what I know from browsing these forums to much...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back