Edmonton Head-Fiers help needed in trouble shooting my Zhaolu DAC/Amp
Apr 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

musiclover666

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I am looking for some help from a fellow Edmonton Head-Fier that is electronically inclined. I am not and I need help troubleshooting my Zhaolu D2.5 DAC. It was modded by the previous owner, opamp rolling and such, but it makes a very distorted sound when music is played through it. The louder the passage the louder the distortion/clipping. It seems to settle down after a while, but the distortion is still there. If I would have known this was the case I never would have bought it from the guy in the first place. C'est la vie. Anyway, I am hoping a local Head-Fier would be able to possibly have a look at it and possibly troubleshoot what is wrong and see if it is worth fixing. Perhaps a trade for time for your favorite beer? PM me if you think this is something you could help me with or if you have any questions regarding it.

Cheers,
Dan

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #2 of 4
Anyone?

Apr 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
Well to start I'd try a different set of op-amps see if that solves the problem.  I'm in virginia so it's a bit of a haul to get up to you haha otherwise I'd definitely help out.  

I wish I had the original opamps that came with it, I guess I could order some and try that. Ya, Virginia is a bit of a haul, thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back