Edmonton-And-Surrounding-Urbanities Team, ASSEMBLE!
Oct 6, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #46 of 165
Whoa, that's pretty awesome of the Gramaphone. I've been meaning to drop by there sometime, and now I know I definitely have to go. That discount's not too shabby either. I may have to buy something.

And I'm a second year MecE student, although right now I'm still getting caught up on some first year courses...
rolleyes.gif

Oh, and I'll probably be able to bring a Sony D-NE330 PCDP (or a pair of PX100's; depends what I decide to do with my gift certificate), and I figure I'll bring my better 'buds and my modded E2c's (as long as you can furnish your own tips - I'm a little squeamish about sharing my own) if anyone's interested. I've got an ailing MD player that I could bring, too.
tongue.gif

EDIT: I see d_w31 already has that CD player.
tongue.gif
What do you think of it?

Oct 6, 2006 at 4:47 AM Post #47 of 165
I like the CD player, the Atrac3plus codec is quite useful if I needed to fit a lot of songs on one CD. It has become my headphone burn-in source lately though (since I got an AC adaptor for it).

The large-ish display is nice too, but I'm not that big a fan of the remote, haven't really used it cuz I find it heavy and a hassle to clip it to my shirt.

All in all it's worth the 60 bucks I paid for it

Oct 6, 2006 at 5:45 AM Post #48 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trippytiger
Whoa, that's pretty awesome of the Gramaphone. I've been meaning to drop by there sometime, and now I know I definitely have to go. That discount's not too shabby either. I may have to buy something.

And I'm a second year MecE student, although right now I'm still getting caught up on some first year courses...
rolleyes.gif

Oh, and I'll probably be able to bring a Sony D-NE330 PCDP (or a pair of PX100's; depends what I decide to do with my gift certificate), and I figure I'll bring my better 'buds and my modded E2c's (as long as you can furnish your own tips - I'm a little squeamish about sharing my own) if anyone's interested. I've got an ailing MD player that I could bring, too.
tongue.gif

EDIT: I see d_w31 already has that CD player.
tongue.gif
What do you think of it?

I have some spare tips from my lost er6i, if anyone absolutely needs to hear the e2's. Hopefully someone will bring some wetnaps or some kinda disinffectant though..

Oct 6, 2006 at 3:45 PM Post #49 of 165
Well, I've got a half-litre bottle of 99% isopropyl alcohol that I can bring if there's a need for disinfectants. That should be enough to take care of anything.

Oct 6, 2006 at 10:13 PM Post #51 of 165
Well, mine were a Christmas present, so the cost to me was, of course, $0. I suspect that they came from Best Buy, though, and at the time they were going for $130.

It certainly is a little on the pricey side for what they are.

Oct 7, 2006 at 4:44 AM Post #53 of 165
My E2s cost me $70. Muaha.

Right, everyone bring your digital cameras. There are few things worse in this world than having a head-fi meet without pictures to show. Plus I had an idea of maybe bringing my camcorder and we could YouTube some clips of the meet. Yay? Nay? Either way, I may eat some hay; what do you say? </Happy Gilmore>. I think I'll do that. Nice. Perhaps this can be a trend.
biggrin.gif

Oct 7, 2006 at 4:50 AM Post #54 of 165
The camcorder idea sounds like a good idea. I think I'm going to bring my 4G iPod (not modded... yet) as well so I'll have two stations going.

Oct 7, 2006 at 6:34 AM Post #55 of 165
Anyway as far as dates go if we can't do it on the weekend a Tuesday or Wednesday would be the best for me because unlike all of you people who go to the U of A I go to NAIT where we don't get a break in November (to the best of my knowledge anyway).

Oct 7, 2006 at 7:02 AM Post #56 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by devin_mm
The camcorder idea sounds like a good idea. I think I'm going to bring my 4G iPod (not modded... yet) as well so I'll have two stations going.

I just got my Imoded IPOD from a fellow here today,It sounds as said,awesome.
you can have a try then
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2006 at 7:08 PM Post #57 of 165
I also invited a non-head-fi-member friend to come. I brought him along to a visit to The Gramaphone once. We all got around to chatting, and Wolfgang, the other dude with the long hair that helped me out whenever I visited and brought up the idea of having the meet there, even offered him a job there. He's relatively new to the hobby, but I think I was able to recruit him
biggrin.gif
Anyway he'll bring some Shure E3s and his MPIO mp3 player.

Looks like we're going to have a good turnout for headphones and sources.

Oct 7, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #59 of 165
I'll be sure to bring mine too. It's got a very decent video mode (640*480 at 30fps), as well, in case we need a backup.

Oct 8, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #60 of 165
My no-go days have changed to include Nov.14 (can't do Nov.10 - Nov. 14) as well. So, I will have to be crossed off the list for now depending on what time it's held at. I won't be getting back into town until the evening of the 14th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back