Edmonton-And-Surrounding-Urbanities Team, ASSEMBLE!
Oct 2, 2006 at 2:37 AM Post #16 of 165
Seeing as how I doubt there will ever be a meet in Saskatchewan, if there's enough people coming with enough cool equipment, I might consider driving out to Edmonton to join in.

Oct 2, 2006 at 4:16 PM Post #17 of 165
eek.gif
Should we consider making this a Western Canada Meet?
eek.gif

That makes for 10 members including Trippytiger, pne, and possibly Zenja.

I still need suggestions for a place. Shaw? Ramada? Holday Inn? Chuck E Cheese? I'm not really sure of any cheap places we could use, or any places, for that matter. Anyone have a basement big enough to accomodate 10 people?

edit: Ok, I mean 9 members. I included pne twice =(

Oct 3, 2006 at 1:57 AM Post #18 of 165
We need a few more U of A members (okay, maybe lots more) and we could start a headphone club on campus. Maybe convert all of those people wearing Triports...

Speaking of the university, though, maybe it would be worth looking in to what it takes to book a room there?

Oct 3, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #19 of 165
yeah! it definitely be cool to start a head-fi club at U of A...I mean just to educate people about the fact that there are better 70 dollars headphones than the Sony MDR-V300s...and better 190 dollar headphones than the triports.

omgosh it really annoys me when I see people who have enough money to buy NICE headphones end up with triports...now I wish I had that kind of money to spend
rolleyes.gif

Oct 4, 2006 at 2:46 AM Post #20 of 165
hehe ok, lets order up some BOSE TRIPORTS SUCK t-shirts. I've seen a few people with grado's actually, and met a guy in my chem class last year who had a pair of sr-60's. Who knows, maybe it's one of you? Also bought my ms-1's off conduit who is a head-fi member/ u of a student.

I think calling it western canada meet would be a little too ambitious, Vancover probably takes care of those. As for rooms, how about getting a room on campus? We should get an equipment list going as well, to see who can bring what.

hmm another member in edmonton is lovebell, I will send him a pm about this. I think he has some pretty cool stuff too.

Anyways lets make a list of possible equipment you can bring..

headphones:ksc 75
source:Eastsound CD-5, iaudio x5l
amps:Cmoy, sonic T-amp (maybe, if i ever finish it)
accessories (cables, ic's, pc's, tubes):I have a few NOS 6gsn7 tubes if anyone has an amp to plug them into..

Oct 4, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #21 of 165
I've seen a few guys around campus with Grados. Never worn mine to school, though - a few weeks of trying to use my MX550's on the bus confirmed that I can't do without something closed while commuting. I've also seen a guy with HD580's (I think - I don't really know my Senns that well) a couple times. And oh so many Triports...

As for stuff I can bring, well, it's a pretty short list, but here goes:

headphones: Grado SR-60
sources: Rio Carbon, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Annnd... that's it. Lame.

Oct 4, 2006 at 3:28 AM Post #22 of 165
Awesome, yes,please count me in.
bad news is since I amost quit these things ,I've sold most of my gears,now I only keep some portable rig for on go listens.(If we had meet last year,I could offer SA5000,Larry's K3000,Benchmark DAC1,Headroom Micro Dac,HeadAmp GS-1...)
here are some that I can bring.

headphones:KOSS A/250,Ultimate ears Ue10pro

Source:RedWineAudio iModded IPOD 40GB ,O2 XD EXEC(yea ,it's a PPC cellphone but I guess you should try this ,no hiss at all,APE format supported)
AMP:XIN SuperMacro-IV or XIN SuperMini-IV or XIN SuperMicro-IV
(yes ,or, planing to order one of them now,but I will make a decision which I should take before meeting)
Cable:RnB Diamond Mini-Mini

EDITED:The amp will be a XIN SuperMicro-IV

Oct 4, 2006 at 4:20 AM Post #24 of 165
Shure E2C
Grado SR-60
Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio White
Electric Avenues PA2V2
AudioLineOut Silver Mini-to-Mini
Qables Zen LOD (expecting in mail sometime)
Creative Zen Vision:M 30GB Black

Pretty much the sig.

I'm going to book us a room in the Knowledge Common, 1-14A and 1-14B because I think those rooms would give us the most space for however many of us there are. If anything, we may have to use both if many of us go. I was thinking of booking them during reading week as well, so we may even just have every room to ourselves. I can set up directions and maps and a picture trail of how to get there.

edit: 10 people with lovebell.

Oct 4, 2006 at 5:37 AM Post #25 of 165
I may be able to make it depending on the date. If it goes through as scheduled, Nov 10-13, I won't be there.

Anyways, My Stash:

Headphones: UE Super.fi 5, KSC 75, Philips HP460, Sennheiser MX90VC, Sennheiser PMX 100
Sources: Nano

I've pretty much gone all portable till I can get enough for a decent home set-up. I've got a pair of those Insignia speakers as well if anybody wants a listen.

Oct 4, 2006 at 5:45 AM Post #26 of 165
If I come up, I'll bring all of my gear (sig) and maybe if I get enough motivation and cram in time, I'll finish my AlienDAC.
I wonder if there are any Calgarians lurking around?

Oct 4, 2006 at 5:51 AM Post #27 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by devin_mm
The gear I will be bringing (barring upgrade-itis
smily_headphones1.gif
):

Headphones: AKG K-701, Sennheiser HD650, Grado RS-1
Amps: Headroom MicroAMP (Desktop module), Gilmore Lite
Sources: Macbook Pro, 5G 60GB iPod, Pioneer DV-563A
Cables: HGA Diva, HGA Supersilver, Cardas Balanced Sennheiser

I'd love to try out the 701's to see if it lives up to it's hype
600smile.gif
I'm pretty excited about this now.

Oct 4, 2006 at 5:52 AM Post #28 of 165
The gear I will be bringing (barring upgrade-itis
smily_headphones1.gif
):

Headphones: AKG K-701, Sennheiser HD650, Grado RS-1
Amps: Headroom MicroAMP (Desktop module), Gilmore Lite
Sources: Macbook Pro, 5G 60GB iPod, Pioneer DV-563A
Cables: HGA Diva, HGA Supersilver, Cardas Balanced Sennheiser

Oct 4, 2006 at 5:59 AM Post #29 of 165
I'll make sure they're nice and burnt in for you
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by mb3k
I'd love to try out the 701's to see if it lives up to it's hype
600smile.gif
I'm pretty excited about this now.

Oct 5, 2006 at 12:12 AM Post #30 of 165
I'm not sure how these things usually work. Are they usually held over the weekend? I'm leaning towards doing it during the week, but people have work. I think you guys should suck it up and get the day off in advance =) The UofA(lberta) is going to be closed the 13th, so let's do it the 14th. I'm planning on booking the rooms KC Meeting Room B-14A and KC Meeting Room B-14B for 1pm-3pm each. If these things last longer, we can book them for longer. Plus, I can only book 7 days in advance, so there is a little bit of lee-way there. I will put out an adventure guide complete with pictures and a map, eventually, so beware.

Plus, be sure to bring your 1/4"-1/8" and 1/8"-1/4" and all those other kinds of adapters. If possible, bring your own power bars. If you guys need some, I may be able to supply one or two. Who knows who else might be able to bring some. Check if you can do it yourself, then let us know if you need some help.

What kind of pizza you guys like? Drinks? It's early, yes, but it's better to be prepared for these kinds of things. Who knows whether our Coke-fi members starts hating on our Pepsi-fi brothers?

I'm anxious to hear the HeadRoom MicroAmp. I was considering getting one, but then I was intimidated by the MicroDac. I'd also like to hear some more of the 650. I wasn't blown away when listening one of the unburnt, stock-cabled, tube-amped 650s. Flex your gear, devin_mm!

11 member count with Conduit. Things are picking up!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back