Edmonton-And-Surrounding-Urbanities Team, ASSEMBLE!
Nov 17, 2006 at 1:19 AM Post #151 of 165
Yikes! That sucks, especially after all of the work you've already put into planning this (which is greatly appreciated, by the way).

Maybe it would be worth sending an email off to someone who might be in charge of the MecE room bookings to see if you could get a login or something?

And I guess we're probably far too large a group to fit in The Gramophone, too, even if we were willing to be a little crowded.

Good luck with finding something else. I shall have my fingers crossed.

Nov 17, 2006 at 2:26 AM Post #152 of 165
uhoh. I would love to donate my basement but it is more in tune to acomadating 2-3people. Not 20..
frown.gif

Nov 17, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #153 of 165
I'm thinking of pushing it back a week. It's seems darn near impossible to grab a room at our time on our day. What a friend suggested is we grab that back quiet room at SUB, but I don't even know how that would work out. I guess technically we don't have to book it or anything and we can just go in there and quietly listen to each other's stuff and come back out and talk, but I'm not content with doing that. Also, there's a phone number I can call at the U that will let me book any room on campus, so that sounds promising. I'll call them in the morning. What I'll do is try to see which rooms aren't busy at our time slot and even if they don't let us use it, we can try and sneak in. Muaha. Okay, maybe not. Or maybe.

If we were a student group, we could grab the alumni room in SUB for free. Hmmm.

Nov 17, 2006 at 3:41 AM Post #154 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by joneeboi
I'm thinking of pushing it back a week. It's seems darn near impossible to grab a room at our time on our day. What a friend suggested is we grab that back quiet room at SUB, but I don't even know how that would work out. I guess technically we don't have to book it or anything and we can just go in there and quietly listen to each other's stuff and come back out and talk, but I'm not content with doing that. Also, there's a phone number I can call at the U that will let me book any room on campus, so that sounds promising. I'll call them in the morning. What I'll do is try to see which rooms aren't busy at our time slot and even if they don't let us use it, we can try and sneak in. Muaha. Okay, maybe not. Or maybe.

That sounds good to me. I've recently realized that I am going to be absolutely swamped with homework this weekend anyways, and I wasn't even sure if I could spare the time to make it to the meet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joneeboi
If we were a student group, we could grab the alumni room in SUB for free. Hmmm.

We need ten signatures for that, right? How many of us are there?

Nov 17, 2006 at 5:27 PM Post #155 of 165
[size=xx-large]SUCCESS[/size]

We booked Room 420 on the fourth floor of SUB! We have the room from 5pm to 9pm! Conditions are no food nor drink, and no posters are allowed on the walls. Please bring $5 to cover the cost of the room.

I think we ought to become a Student Group. We can get 1 free room per week anywhere in SUB, I think, and it's not too late to sign up. I'll bring a sign-up sheet to the meet so we can finalize it. That way we can have many more mini-meets.

Have no fear, Trippytiger! Students' Union is to the rescue!

Hey, do you out-of-towners need directions? I'll post a map later. I have to get to class now!

I signed up under "Team Edmonton-And-Surrounding-Urbanities." I'm thinking we change our name to "Head-monton-Fi" or something similar. The old way is just too long!

Nov 17, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #156 of 165
Huzzah! You are truly a hero. One question, though - what day is that for? Tomorrow, or next weekend?

And Head-monton-Fi would be a pretty awesome name for a group, although that might be something we should clear with Jude first. I recall reading somewhere that he's rather protective of the 'Head-Fi' name, and we don't want to get in trouble!
tongue.gif

Nov 17, 2006 at 10:41 PM Post #157 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by joneeboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=xx-large]SUCCESS[/size]

We booked Room 420 on the fourth floor of SUB! We have the room from 5pm to 9pm! Conditions are no food nor drink, and no posters are allowed on the walls. Please bring $5 to cover the cost of the room.

I think we ought to become a Student Group. We can get 1 free room per week anywhere in SUB, I think, and it's not too late to sign up. I'll bring a sign-up sheet to the meet so we can finalize it. That way we can have many more mini-meets.

Have no fear, Trippytiger! Students' Union is to the rescue!

Hey, do you out-of-towners need directions? I'll post a map later. I have to get to class now!

I signed up under "Team Edmonton-And-Surrounding-Urbanities." I'm thinking we change our name to "Head-monton-Fi" or something similar. The old way is just too long!

now that is tommorow on saturday right? But gah parking is going to be a bummer. The student group is a great idea, maybe we can even get this fee for the meet waived if we explain to them our situation?

Nov 17, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #158 of 165
The meet is indeed going ahead as planned for Saturday, Nov. 18, 06 at 5:00pm to 9:00pm.

To get money from the SU would be tough I think because we're not an actual Student Group, more importantly, nor were we when we made the plans with Stanley Milner. Forming the Student Group would be great, but it does take some time. I'll look into it, but when we have our meet, I will get the 10 signatures we need to start up. We have to write up a constitution and what not, but they can help with that, so I'll try not to make it too cumbersome. In any case, we'd get to hold as many as a meet per week for free. That excites me, although it does take the fun out of it all. Perhaps next semester we can hold a big "Team E-A-S-U" meet and actually make it so sponsors and local vendors can come (if they even want to come). I sent an email to Tyll Hertsens to come to our meet since he did go to the BC one, but I don't know if he received it because he never replied to me. Next time, I'll be a bit more prepared so we can ask even more people to send stuff for us to audition and what not. How exciting. Time to start networking.

Time to update OP.

Nov 18, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #159 of 165
That's good news. Thanks for planning it all. I'm assuming the room is kinda big?

Nov 18, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #163 of 165
Well, I guess I'll have to see if I can get enough work done in the next few hours to be able to make it out there. Hopefully I can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back