Edition9's for $1085
May 4, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #31 of 57
A US friend with credit card will hopefully getting a pair for me Monday. We'll see if there are any left then.
Fingers crossed.

It seems as if teh Ultrasone US situation has caused NSL to dump the product. Would that be a possibility or are we just going on the 'get rid of the old before the new arrives' theory?

Regards
Sceptre

May 5, 2008 at 12:16 AM Post #32 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it is a limited run of 1111, and they decide not to make another Edition XX, then I think the price will easily climb to the 3 to 4 grand range.

i doubt it. too many people hold a low opinion of the headphone.

May 5, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #33 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceptre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A US friend with credit card will hopefully getting a pair for me Monday. We'll see if there are any left then.
Fingers crossed.

It seems as if teh Ultrasone US situation has caused NSL to dump the product. Would that be a possibility or are we just going on the 'get rid of the old before the new arrives' theory?

Regards
Sceptre

They have pretty much sold them cheaper than anyone else and they have been out of them for a while. I found out that they were actually supposed to be discontinued as a dealer because they were selling them so cheap.

May 5, 2008 at 1:47 PM Post #34 of 57
I just got told that my friend snipped the last pair from NSL. I have not bought them as an investment but as a ticket for the next part of my headphone journey. I shall keep them standard cables for a while. Should have them in my hands in about a month.

Thanks to all for the heads up and comments. Now I just hope I like them!

Sent from my iPhone - it works!

May 5, 2008 at 3:51 PM Post #35 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i doubt it. too many people hold a low opinion of the headphone.

Really? I thought most had high regards for these cans and only a few voiced their dislike vehemently.

Huh...

"You need to pay attention!" has been told to me on more than one accasion.
wink.gif

May 5, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #36 of 57
Well having heard them first hand, and they are still burning in, I can say they sound pretty darn good. I remember when the Sony R-10 came out. I read some reports and listening impressions. Some people liked them a lot and some did not, finding them too analytical and sometimes even strident. Nothing is going to please everyone. I do find the 9's to be very resolving with solid bass and very transparent. I will have to see where they end up.

May 6, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #37 of 57
Congratulation, I have just sent an email to NSL to see if they can find another pair for me
confused.gif

What's next after the Ed9 ? Ed11 ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceptre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got told that my friend snipped the last pair from NSL. I have not bought them as an investment but as a ticket for the next part of my headphone journey. I shall keep them standard cables for a while. Should have them in my hands in about a month.

Thanks to all for the heads up and comments. Now I just hope I like them!

Sent from my iPhone - it works!

May 6, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #38 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? I thought most had high regards for these cans and only a few voiced their dislike vehemently.

if anything, the reverse is probably closer to the truth.

May 6, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #41 of 57
I was told that a new version would come out in late summer. This was from Ultrasone US, when they were still Ultrasone US.

May 7, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #42 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would be great !!

I'm planning to sell my RS-1 to finance the purchase of the Ed.9,10 or 11
biggrin.gif

No, don't do that - I still really enjoy my RS-1 too.

If I had to trim down my collection from 40 phones to 4, I'd be keeping the Edition 9, STAX SR-Lambda Signature, RS-1 and Livewires T1. That represents and open and closed full size dynamic, a Stat, and an IEM for mobile when the other dynamics might be too big.

May 7, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #43 of 57
Wait, 40?? We need to get you into a group and you know what kind I mean buster.

Your signature has gotten rather penee wenee.

May 7, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #44 of 57
That was a tough decision but I will need that money if I want to purchase the Ed.9

Like I mentionned in another thread, on some of my albums, they sound a little bit too congested compared to my ALO-780s
frown.gif

I'm wondering if the APS V.3 would solve this problem
confused.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, don't do that - I still really enjoy my RS-1 too.

If I had to trim down my collection from 40 phones to 4, I'd be keeping the Edition 9, STAX SR-Lambda Signature, RS-1 and Livewires T1. That represents and open and closed full size dynamic, a Stat, and an IEM for mobile when the other dynamics might be too big.

May 7, 2008 at 9:10 AM Post #45 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait, 40?? We need to get you into a group and you know what kind I mean buster.

Your signature has gotten rather penee wenee.

Like I told you before, I put all my stuff in my Public Profile because my Sig just got too big
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was a tough decision but I will need that money if I want to purchase the Ed.9

Like I mentionned in another thread, on some of my albums, they sound a little bit too congested compared to my ALO-780s
frown.gif

I'm wondering if the APS V.3 would solve this problem
confused.gif

Yes, put APS V3 on the RS-1 and on Edition 9's

If it's a choice between keeping a 780 and Edition 9, or keeping RS-1 and Edition 9, I vote the RS-1 only because the Edition 9 will be an acceptable substitute for the 780. You don't need two similar high end phones when all you can afford are two high end phones total.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back