Edition XS Membrane Gap?
Sep 10, 2023 at 10:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Valn

New Head-Fier
Hello all, I posted on here previously about some issues I was having with my Edition XS. I ended up RMAing that pair because the low-end kept randomly cutting out and I could not figure out why. Customer service was great, and I got a replacement pair back pretty quickly. That said, it was quite clearly a refurbished pair. At first the that new pair had some commonly reported issues like buzzing at certain frequencies and bass rattling in the left driver. However, this all magically cleared up after about 3-4 days of use and they've been fine since. It's been about 2 months or so since then.

All that said, I was inspecting the membrane recently and noticed this strange gap in the at the bottom of the headphone:

Headphone 1 Highlighted.png

This is the right headphone, but it's present on the left too. Does anyone know if this little gap is normal? I found one post on reddit that showed a pair with something similar that had buzzing, but like I mentioned I haven't had buzzing since I first got this pair. I'm not really seeing any other pictures online of this spot. They sound fine in test suites and when in normal use, but is this something I should be concerned about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back