Edition X V2 or Edition XS
Oct 20, 2023 at 4:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rlanger

Headphoneus Supremus
Does anyone have any experience with both of these headphones?

I listen to a wide variety of music; everything from Bebop to Electronic to Classical. Staples though are things like Snarky Puppy, Steely Dan (and most 70s classic / prog rock stuff), Rock Candy Funk Party, Steven Wilson, Pat Metheny, Bill Evans, etc. I could go on, but I'm sure you get the idea.

What would you chose? Or would you just bite the bullet and pony up the extra cash for an Arya Stealth?

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #2 of 6
I owned a HEX v2 for 5 years and recently sold it. I treated it great, but the pads and liner of the headband started peeling in a major way. The XS is nice. The Stealth Ananda is better than either and the Arya assuming you like the more aggressive sound than those other 3 is very nice. But I think the new HEk Stealth is a good deal better, but its $1399.

Oct 21, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #3 of 6
Unfortunately, the HEK is not an option for me because of the real leather headband. I think I'll continue to save for the Arya. Market price for a used Stealth model here in Japan is 85,000 yen right now or about US$575. New Organics are JPY195,000 so more than twice as much, and it will likely be a while till I see them showing up on the used markets here.

Oct 21, 2023 at 11:24 PM Post #4 of 6
I've had almost the whole Hifiman line including the ones you mention. The Arya Stealth is worth saving for, they fixed the upper mid sharpness in the original and the fit and finish is more sturdy than the others.
I've had them a few times. You only realize how good they are when you switch to something else after a day with them. There's a diminishing law of returns with headphones, but those really are worth the money. If I had to pick just one to use exclusively, they would be the ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back