Edition 9 Quintuplets
Aug 31, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought I was nuts! At least you know what you like, and that's always a good thing.

Wayne,

This in no way lets you off the "crazy" hook.
ksc75smile.gif

PS. I hope your island is OK after Gustav.

Aug 31, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #18 of 26
To be honest, I have a similar problem with Denon AH D5000, but that's another thread. This all started with the theory of matching headphones to amps. Or rather Edition 9's to amps. Not sure that's really gone anywhere.

Aug 31, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #19 of 26
Man. Give me an edition 9 lovers deal on a pair someday, I'd love to pick up a second set to last me the future
wink.gif

Definitely come back and report on the ALO copper / silver-plated copper recable.. the obvious guess is bassssss

Aug 31, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man. Give me an edition 9 lovers deal on a pair someday, I'd love to pick up a second set to last me the future
wink.gif

Definitely come back and report on the ALO copper / silver-plated copper recable.. the obvious guess is bassssss

I'll see what I can do to sprea the love....er Love Potion.

Aug 31, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigEat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fair point. I've always liked the Edition 9. I got the Balanced first I think and I love it with the RS. Interestingly, IMO the Edition 9 really changes color depending on the recabling. More so, than for example my Denon 5000's or the K701's just to name a couple. I find that fascinating and it makes it more capable of being "matched" to a partiular portable or home amplifier.

For example, the Silver Cables with Furutech interconnect work great with the RS XP-7. Fare more expanive than stock and thus far, different from the ALO Cryos.

And, of course, I just like them.

But I'm curious, why not have an E9 and L3k or 010 or some other high end can to compliment it, rather than 4 different flavors of the same thing?

Aug 31, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But I'm curious, why not have an E9 and L3k or 010 or some other high end can to compliment it, rather than 4 different flavors of the same thing?

Some is probably the portability of the E9. I have a wide assortment of "open end" (e.g, 2 701's, 1 RS1, 2 650s etc.) that run behind the E9's to my ear. I also have 3 pairs of modded Denon 5000s similar to the E9. The Denons run a close second.

I would love to find some of the old Grado PS1's or Sony MDR R10. To your point, I just ordered a pair of ATH W5000's, and am trying to a pair of Denon 7000s from over seas.

Aug 31, 2008 at 11:14 AM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was supposed to be "Love Potion #9", not "Edition 9". You took the wrong potion and instead of having 5 different girlfriends, you have 5 diferrent Ultrasones

Actually, wouldn't it be more like one girlfriend with multiple personalities.
wink_face.gif

Aug 31, 2008 at 1:35 PM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_d_m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, wouldn't it be more like one girlfriend with multiple personalities.
wink_face.gif

Well said. There are all pretty seductive.

Sep 1, 2008 at 7:32 AM Post #25 of 26
I'm wishing about now that I still had my second pair to get balanced, so I can leave my other pair with the APS V3 cable and 1/8" plug for laptop and portable. Alas my spare Edition 9 went away as partial trade for an pair of HE60 with HEV70. Talk about polar opposites...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back