Edition 8 burn-in time and recabling questions
Nov 10, 2009 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

abyrvalg

100+ Head-Fier
I wonder if somebody who owns Ed8, could tell how much time of burn-in they require to "open up", and in general whether one can expect such thing (i.e. serious difference between "fresh" and "after burn-in"). My experience with 900 pro tells me that we are talking about 300+ hours here, but what about ed8?

Another thing. I wonder whether ed8 will seriously benefit from recabling to something good like Jena Ultrawire\ALO\.... Did anybody compare stock and recabled versions? If yes, was there a significant difference (mainly in terms of clarity\openness\soundstage)?

Nov 10, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 3
I've had mine for a week. After my initial session with them, I burnt them in for 24hours straight and heard a distinct improvement in base depth and extension. They're sounding more lush as time passes too. I don't know how much burn in is required for full performance to be realized. I've no experience with recabling them.

I suspect you'll not get much responses here since the Ed8's are quite new on the block and arrived after the HD800 rush and celebrations.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 11, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #3 of 3
I would say 150 hours to get them really listenable and your are about right with 300 ours to get them fully run-in.

I didn't keep mine long enough to recable (went the electrostats) but I would say it is worth it. Be REALLY careful where you get it done as the finish on any part of these is really easy to screw up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back