Editing your music
Apr 24, 2008 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DylanNo

New Head-Fier
Hey, I have some CD's that I wish to remove the soundbites that they have on them (obviously not on the originals). Normally I love soundbites but at times they can be a bit excessive and all I want is the music, so what software can I use to alter the tracks, and what would I have to rip them to (i.e. mp3?)?

on a similar line, if I were to make a mix cd and I wanted to add a soundbite to a track, what software would I use (would it be the same?)

Thanks in advance!

Apr 24, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #2 of 4
What are you referring to by "soundbites"? The samples from other sources, a technique used most often in electronica?

It is impossible to de-mix waveform audio after it's been recorded and mixed. The only way to do what you want is to go back to the original multi-track format, which only the studio and/or original musicians have access to.

If all you want to do is add your own samples to already-produced music, there are plenty of programs that will let you do this. The most well-known application of the last 10+ years that's been doing this is Acid, now owned by Sony, and it's just $55 now.

Apr 24, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #3 of 4
I believe Audacity (freeware) can do this for you if you are using WAV, AIFF,MP3 or Ogg formats.

If you use FLAC. I suppose you could decompress it to WAV, edit it and convert it back to FLAC without any quality loss. I believe CD Wave Editor, WavePad Audio Editing Software and Goldware can edit FLAC files, but they are not free solutions.

Apr 25, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #4 of 4
Awesome, audacity seems to be doing what I want it for, mainly to get rid of parts of songs. Mainly excessive samples at the begginning or end or those giant dead zones inbetween the last song and a secret song on a CD. A few minutes of work beats having to skip large areas of a blank recording.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back