100+ Head-Fier
Please recommend me a program to edit audio files without re-encoding
frown.gif

Sep 25, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #2 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by P.J /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please recommend me a program to edit audio files without re-encoding
frown.gif

Lossy files are not editable without some amount of re-encoding. The way the compression works requires decompression and recompression in order to change the samples. You can trim, join or split files, or change global volume without reencoding however.

I did a web search for "free mp3 trimmer" and it came up without about 20 results. I wouldn't feel comfortable giving a suggestion without testing them.

Sep 25, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lossy files are not editable without some amount of re-encoding. The way the compression works requires decompression and recompression in order to change the samples. You can trim, join or split files, or change global volume without reencoding however.

I did a web search for "free mp3 trimmer" and it came up without about 20 results. I wouldn't feel comfortable giving a suggestion without testing them.

Yes, I want to trim/split
wink.gif

Sep 26, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #11 of 14
Also give a try to a free editor called Wavosaur

Oct 15, 2009 at 11:45 AM Post #12 of 14
is there a program that lets you eliminate the voice over parts of music (like in a movie trailer where certain parts contain speech from the movie) and can you keep some of the sound bytes and pick and choose which to eliminate...? like fade out the voice parts you don't want completely but keep the music...?

I want to use Freedom Fighters: Two Steps from Hell in a YouTube video and just sample a few of the sound bytes from the Star Trek trailer that would fit the theme of a video project...

I have a recording of just the .wav file of the song and a recording of the .wav file from the trailer with the sound bytes, would I just have to try cutting and splicing the two together...? matching up the spliced parts seems like it would be impossible and the quality (sample rate...?) is probably different...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back