EDIT: Hisound Audio to Release New DAP Product-Line (NOVA with micro SD card support)
Jun 5, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #1,066 of 1,083
Well I see not much has changed since the AMP3 fiasco. I'm surprised so many people have large amounts of extra money lying around to gamble. Even more surprised to see some of the same people who got robbed back then still putting up with this stuff. You guys have amazing tolerance.

I know. I told my friends not to get it, not to get it. Oh well, someone just can't resist "rave reviews", "audiophile grade", "Class A inside", "sounds like a $10,000 stereo"... Gulible spoiled kids! It's a free gift to me, why not play with it? And, I got punished for it.

Jun 5, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #1,067 of 1,083
I have/own Studio V 2nd Edition and Rocco BA, and I am very happy with them both however, this Nova series seems to have taken a real nose dive. :/ That discharging in 3 -4 days comment a page back is rather off putting. I don't think Nova was really meant to be, unfortunately in the audiophile world. Hopefully next time Hisound can make a come back as I do like the two products I own from them.

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #1,068 of 1,083
according to the UK hisound guy the nova was not really aimed at audiophiles but at as a step into the world of higher end audio for the masses. personally based on sound alone this could have been good but what i think they dont understand is that the UI and general usability is so important. Is it the case that in china people dont care about how usable it is or something? i dont see how they managed to overlook this one thing really.

anyway in other news he also tells me that he will be stocking a new version of the studioV 3rd ani edition in the coming weeks (hopefully even 2 weeks) which maybe can save a bit of face for hisound at this time, because personally i thought that was a great player in its first iteration. lets see though...

Jun 5, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #1,069 of 1,083
I agree the UI is generally a sore point on Hisound players but I do feel the Nova line is a downgrade in some respects even in this area to the Studio/Rocoo line. Plus add in the other bugs such as noise due to the SD slot and screen and it's quite disappointing honestly :frowning2:. Sound is really good on the N1 though but there's more to sound in the end. Plus if you have noises integrating with that sound it's no longer so good sounding.... I hope they can rebound from this. Seems they should just stick to what they know and improve upon that with the input of headfiers even.

Jun 6, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #1,071 of 1,083
Quote:
I agree the UI is generally a sore point on Hisound players but I do feel the Nova line is a downgrade in some respects even in this area to the Studio/Rocoo line. Plus add in the other bugs such as noise due to the SD slot and screen and it's quite disappointing honestly :frowning2:. Sound is really good on the N1 though but there's more to sound in the end. Plus if you have noises integrating with that sound it's no longer so good sounding.... I hope they can rebound from this. Seems they should just stick to what they know and improve upon that with the input of headfiers even.

i personally feel perhaps they should have stuck to their guns and left out the sd slot. they didnt have one due to noise, but people said it needs one. in an attempt to please they ended up shooting themselves in the foot. hopefully the next series will be more refined.

btw for anyone interested, if you want to try it or feel you can get past the UI i have a BNIB N1 for sale going at only £60

Jun 6, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #1,072 of 1,083
in an attempt to please they ended up shooting themselves in the foot.

Really? You really think Hisounsaudio attempts to please? By far, firmwares leave a lot to be desired. In Hisoundaudio's own forum, people begged for new firmware, but ignored by Hisoundaudio. A few days ago, Hisoundaudio said new version of NOVA is coming with upgraded hardware. So, what about the existing NOVA players? People bought NOVA in good faith, not knowing they are sort of beta testers; Hisoundaudio at least should promise new firmware support for existing NOVA users. (NOVA is only 6 months old.)

Jul 6, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #1,077 of 1,083
Hi guys.
Hisoundaudio is the worst company that I know.
1 year ago I bought RoCoo P directly from them (jack).
They sent a real piece of garbage.
The day after RoCoo P was on a return trip to China.
I paid $ 199 for RoCootrash,but hisoundaudio said "we will refund $ 169, we keep  $ 30 for the courier cost".I had to open a dispute with PayPal to get back all my money (only 199$ for the RoCoo,not the return cost).I only lost the money for the return of the player (34€).
Besides,The sound was bad, really bad.
The RoCoo's sound that I that bought from Advancedmp3players (returned because it stopped working after 3 hours) was very different.
The difference between Hisoundaudio and advancedmp3players? Advancedmp3players are a professional store with an excellent customer service,they refunded all (they offered to refound the return cost also,but I refused because on their website it says that there are no refunds for the return.It's a fairness and honesty matter).
Amp3players-Hisoundaudio 10-0.
I took many photos of the RoCoo P that Hisoundaudio  sent to me:

- The buttons are bronze color (like a Studio V)
- There are signs of tampering,as if it has been opened and closed with a small screwdriver.This sign is visible on the macro photos.

- There is a strip of glue on the edge of the player.

If you are interested I can post my pictures, so you can see the seriousness of this company.

Jack,I'm Massimo,do you remember me 
size]
? I think so.
size]

See you soon guys.
size]

Jul 7, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #1,079 of 1,083
Quote:
Hi Massimo,

Thanks for sharing :s

Hi Divine,
I'm glad that the post is understandable.
size]

Yes,has been a very bad experience.I hope my experience is useful for someone, money does not grow on trees.
I am satisfied with the players I have now, but I will buy FiiO X5 and hope it will be my final player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back