EDIT: Hisound Audio to Release New DAP Product-Line (NOVA with micro SD card support)
May 10, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #1,051 of 1,083
I'm using class 4 Sandisk cards (still audible noise) and class 10 64 GB SDXC cards. The SDXC cards are even louder lol. I agree with you on them not releasing products like this anymore. What they really need to focus on is testing these players at low volume levels. Even if that means volume levels that they consider extremely low volume listening. That way you can root-out these issues before it hits the market. Better to not use people as guinea pigs IMO.

May 10, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #1,052 of 1,083
Or they should just have a presence on head-fi. I feel like we make up a pretty decent portion of their market/target audience.

May 10, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #1,054 of 1,083
Quote:
Or they should just have a presence on head-fi. I feel like we make up a pretty decent portion of their market/target audience.

Unfortunately I suspect the bulk of their customers are the mainland Chinese themselves.

That said, both us folks on head-fi and the forum posters on the hisound bbs have mentioned the problems with the Nova series several times already.

Personally I am considering the Fiio X3/X5 and iBasso DX50 because the niggly problems with the Nova series, well, you either get used and numbed to the problems over time or decide it's a pain to encounter the same problem all the time...

May 10, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #1,055 of 1,083
Quote:
Unfortunately I suspect the bulk of their customers are the mainland Chinese themselves.

That said, both us folks on head-fi and the forum posters on the hisound bbs have mentioned the problems with the Nova series several times already.

Personally I am considering the Fiio X3/X5 and iBasso DX50 because the niggly problems with the Nova series, well, you either get used and numbed to the problems over time or decide it's a pain to encounter the same problem all the time...

Well then hisound is a crappy company that won't ever get my business again. Listen to your customers!

May 15, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #1,059 of 1,083
something strange happened and need urgent help folks... 
i today  upgraded my N1 with the firmware in the below link- serial 13 file 
http://bbs.hisoundaudio.net/read.php?tid=9115
after all proceed like mentioned in the tutorial after disconnecting my player i cant find english settings>language  menu
and while searching i pressed arabic button by mistake
but afterwards i saw only 4 options in the setting menu ( right top)
the third option is MS playFX  Set which is the only english text in the whole menu 
i tried first and second no way
4. menu under settings the player freeze.. 

i cant install the firmware again as cant find related menu 
hat should i do ? learn arabic :) ?

May 15, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #1,060 of 1,083
have you tried the reset button?

May 16, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #1,061 of 1,083
yes i tried it many resets (clicking the reset button with a pin i dont know any other reset hard reset way if any)
 i will try to upload a youtube video about this problem, it s really annoying , i think it s also out of quarantee so cannot return it.

May 23, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #1,062 of 1,083
Have you emailed Jack Fu at Hisoundaudio?

May 23, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #1,063 of 1,083
Quote:
yes i tried it many resets (clicking the reset button with a pin i dont know any other reset hard reset way if any)
 i will try to upload a youtube video about this problem, it s really annoying , i think it s also out of quarantee so cannot return it.

Reinstall the update and start over? Could be options in the Arabic menu.

Jun 4, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #1,064 of 1,083
A few week ago, my N3 refused to charge through computer USB port (I have 4 PC). I had to dug out phone charger to charge it. I thought no biggie, although I was not happy. Today, the real problem showed: I tried to load some music, my computers recognized N3 as two external drives, but the capacity were 0 byte. Tried all tricks of fixing a USB device, no luck. I popped out the micro-sd card, loaded music; N3 recognized new songs, however it took nearly two minutes to read 16 GB card. Also, my N3 self-discharged itself within 3 - 4 days. Tragic!

Jun 4, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #1,065 of 1,083
Well I see not much has changed since the AMP3 fiasco. I'm surprised so many people have large amounts of extra money lying around to gamble. Even more surprised to see some of the same people who got robbed back then still putting up with this stuff. You guys have amazing tolerance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back