EDIT: Hisound Audio to Release New DAP Product-Line (NOVA with micro SD card support)
Mar 19, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #916 of 1,083
Quote:
What are your experiences with HiSound concerning firmware updates?
Do they patch their players until most bugs are gone or do many of them stay unfixed?

It varies. I think it's fine but some still aren't enamored with Studio and RoCoo FW. It has to do with the OS. In those cases everything sounds great.

Mar 19, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #917 of 1,083
Quote:
The Studio has no bugs to me, so they got that one right, I don't hear the hiss others claim to do.

But for example HiFiMan is up to version 6 at least for the HM-601

Every year I used to buy Football Manager or Championship Manager, and immediately there were patches
to fix things. I guess I expect new products to have a few bugs, maybe I'm getting old and just getting more patient and 
understanding, even the mighty Iphone 5 needed 3 IOS updates to get it working properly. 

I would expect Hisound to correct the N3 until it is as good as can be expected, the N1 may not get the same
attention.

Yes, I used to play some EA's Fifa Manager games several years ago (other managers weren't translated to German). Every new issue was buggy as hell.

I have the N3 firmware on my N1 because it seems to sound a little better. It has exactly the same bugs.

If you don't hear hiss on the Studio, you probably don't have low impedance headphones (or with very high sensitivity).
Background hiss on the N1 is louder with Wooduo 2 than with Ultimate Ears 700.
I'm curious how it will work with TDK BA200's "impedance stabilizing technology". I bought some for 85,90 Euros at iBOOD. Not a bad deal.

Mar 20, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #919 of 1,083
Quote:
The Studio has no bugs to me, so they got that one right, I don't hear the hiss others claim to do.

But for example HiFiMan is up to version 6 at least for the HM-601

Every year I used to buy Football Manager or Championship Manager, and immediately there were patches
to fix things. I guess I expect new products to have a few bugs, maybe I'm getting old and just getting more patient and 
understanding, even the mighty Iphone 5 needed 3 IOS updates to get it working properly. 

I would expect Hisound to correct the N3 until it is as good as can be expected, the N1 may not get the same
attention.

I don't consider the Studio or Rocoo BA to be perfect. Quite a ways from it to be honest. But it's not so bad where I will be without it lol. It's reasonable although I can see other finding it not so. It's all about the sound quality, portability/convenience, durability and battery life all in one package. The iphone4 is the best I've used in terms of UI but the sound quality leaves quite a bit to desire :p.

Mar 20, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #920 of 1,083
Quote:

thanks

I still really like the Old HIFIMAN UI, I prefer it to the  Iphone player and Capriccio, Simple and easy to use.

If the Nova can play video (anyone done this yet?) then could it show sleeve art?

Mar 20, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #921 of 1,083
Quote:
Yes, I used to play some EA's Fifa Manager games several years ago (other managers weren't translated to German). Every new issue was buggy as hell.

I have the N3 firmware on my N1 because it seems to sound a little better. It has exactly the same bugs.

If you don't hear hiss on the Studio, you probably don't have low impedance headphones (or with very high sensitivity).
Background hiss on the N1 is louder with Wooduo 2 than with Ultimate Ears 700.
I'm curious how it will work with TDK BA200's "impedance stabilizing technology". I bought some for 85,90 Euros at iBOOD. Not a bad deal.

I also have ears that spend years playing in bands and recording studios- not a lot going on above 15k in my ears!

Mar 20, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #922 of 1,083
Just out of curiosity....

I tried nova 1 on V-moda m100, Sennheiser ie8, Hifiman re 400 and Beyerdynamic dt 440(32). With help of FiiO E6. 
The low end on m100 and TD440 was just too weak... There was almost no bass. 

the point of having strong AMP inside of your player and have not need to use external one is not working well with full-size headphones in case of nova 1. Although nova vas really loud at max volume on 32 ohm full-size headphones.
maybe they can do something with next FW but i don't know...

Mar 22, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #925 of 1,083
Hi

I have a small issue with my N3. its not loud enough even at maximum volume. Could it be an issue with the amp.

I have tried different earphones including  some custom fits. The same earphones when plugged into an iphone and htc 8x are much louder but the N3 has great clarity and sound stage... but not loud enough at all

Anyone else experiencing this issue

Mar 22, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #926 of 1,083
Yes.

But there is a new update coming out very soon

Mar 22, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #927 of 1,083
The new N3 firmware, volume one is not loud enough, volume two is too loud. More increments is really needed. But, some said the loudest level is still too quiet. Can the difference among players are so huge? Whose player is the faulty one?

Mar 22, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #928 of 1,083
Quote:
The new N3 firmware, volume one is not loud enough, volume two is too loud. More increments is really needed. But, some said the loudest level is still too quiet. Can the difference among players are so huge? Whose player is the faulty one?

It's the difference between headphones...

I got the TDK BA200s today. The hiss on the N1 has almost gone with these headphones.

Mar 22, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #929 of 1,083
Could depend on which EQ preset you choose. I find HSA V2.0 volume settings to be too loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back