EDIT: Hisound Audio to Release New DAP Product-Line (NOVA with micro SD card support)
Mar 3, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #753 of 1,083
Quote:
I prefer a more so out of head experience which the HSA does quite well. :) Personally I wouldn't consider the Cowon players comparable to the Nova players. That's just me.

Would you mind explaining what you mean by an out of head experience? And why you don't think the Cowon players are comparable?

I'm trying to understand why I don't find the Nova's sound appealing. Lacking the vocab, I'm struggling to pin down exactly what's going on.

Mar 4, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #755 of 1,083
Quote:
Can someone do a test comparison between a class 4 and a class 10 sd card? I was about to go pick up a class 10 that was on sale, but might hold off if the hiss is that bad. Would the hiss be noticeable on a pair of Sennheiser Momentum's or is it only audible with IEM's?

i have a class 10 with all my music on. was looking forward to trying a n1 out but now i'm reading of class 10 card 'noise' problems i'm not so sure...

Mar 4, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #758 of 1,083
Still waiting for mine to arrive....

Mar 4, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #759 of 1,083
write speed to the internal memory is painfully slow...i dont think its my computer because the clip+ goes wayy quicker.

Also, is the rumored firmware update supposed to address music organization on SD cards?

Mar 4, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #760 of 1,083
Quote:
write speed to the internal memory is painfully slow...i dont think its my computer because the clip+ goes wayy quicker.

Also, is the rumored firmware update supposed to address music organization on SD cards?

You should contact Jack with your concerns and push for these fixes guys. The more the  merrier :).

Mar 4, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #761 of 1,083
Hiss is pretty darn audible. You were right, it sure doesn't take bat ears to hear it on the N3. And this is WAV files playing with no SD card inserted. 

Still deciding if the slight bump in sound quality is worth banging my head over the poor functionality. 

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #762 of 1,083

File transfer speed is a known issue at Hisoundaduio's own forum. Hisoundaudio didn't say much about how they want to handle it. New firmware possibly will turn volume even higher, if so, I expect even louder hissing noise. Agree with you, "if the slight bump in sound quality is worth ..."

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #764 of 1,083
Quote:
Hiss is pretty darn audible. You were right, it sure doesn't take bat ears to hear it on the N3. And this is WAV files playing with no SD card inserted. 

Still deciding if the slight bump in sound quality is worth banging my head over the poor functionality. 

Give the unit more time to burn in. The N1 opened up quite nicely with usage and gets better. Still the hiss is noticeable but for the most part a non-issue during music playback. Still on certain tracks I could see it being an issue though. Personally I just need more volume control and I'd be happy. With the 8As just too loud :frowning2:....

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #765 of 1,083
Don't get me wrong, I think it sounds phenomenal, especially with my 7X (which in my understanding has a very similar sig to the 8.A). But I'm so used to navigating my music by artist and album on iDevices, and even Sansas. If this player doesn't gain that functionality, I just can't see myself keeping it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back