EDIT: Hisound Audio to Release New DAP Product-Line (NOVA with micro SD card support)
Dec 6, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #376 of 1,083
You can probably ask Jack, he is very thorough when it comes to answering his emails. 

Either way I'm pretty excited for this thing. Getting it at the pre-order price is a great deal. It will be a great truly portable unit.

Dec 6, 2012 at 3:50 AM Post #377 of 1,083
Jack is one of the nicest people I have talked to. He is the kind that will even offer you the same discount even if it is passed the discount period, all you got to do is ask.

Dec 6, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #378 of 1,083
I've tried searching and it seems like no one really has posted experience with the UI yet. Is this correct? Or can someone guide me to any information on it?

I have the studio-V and definitely enjoy it. It seems like comparing the 2 will show some advantages and disadvantages for each. An improved UI might be enough to convince me to get the Nova but I'm also concerned if it would meet my needs. I'm far from an expert when it comes to understanding appropriate amping, so I'm mostly curious if this would handle the Etymotic ER4S reasonably well. The studio seems to do a good job, though I feel like my dedicated amp sounds a bit better but it's also not portable.

Since it sounds like they're working on a higher model, it might be better for me to hold off and see how that looks if I'm willing to spend more money. If the nova generally meets my needs, I think I might be fine with it as my portable player.

Dec 6, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #379 of 1,083
but they confirm earlier that the preorder unit same price is with micro sd..

Well, now they have 2 types of nova (I think :rolleyes:). Because the unit I received does not have any slot for microsd.

I've tried searching and it seems like no one really has posted experience with the UI yet. Is this correct? Or can someone guide me to any information on it?

I have the studio-V and definitely enjoy it. It seems like comparing the 2 will show some advantages and disadvantages for each. An improved UI might be enough to convince me to get the Nova but I'm also concerned if it would meet my needs. I'm far from an expert when it comes to understanding appropriate amping, so I'm mostly curious if this would handle the Etymotic ER4S reasonably well. The studio seems to do a good job, though I feel like my dedicated amp sounds a bit better but it's also not portable.

Since it sounds like they're working on a higher model, it might be better for me to hold off and see how that looks if I'm willing to spend more money. If the nova generally meets my needs, I think I might be fine with it as my portable player.

Maybe I'll spend some time recording how's the UI and post it here :rolleyes:.

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #381 of 1,083
Sorry not to join you for a while, For I am on a long business travel for introducing the new player to our dealers. Talk about the UI, it most possibley will be our unique designed UI, which is not silmiliar to any existing one. For example, the EQ, it will be HISOUND's eq. such as JAZZ will be HISOUND's Jazz setting. ROCOO-- Wooduo rock. for it has 7 touch keys +3 physical keys + 1.8inch screen, so,it can execute most of the functions easier. it is very intuition.

Again, the good news is that the playing time possibly could be up to 25 hours.

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #382 of 1,083
Quote:
Sorry not to join you for a while, For I am on a long business travel for introducing the new player to our dealers. Talk about the UI, it most possibley will be our unique designed UI, which is not silmiliar to any existing one. For example, the EQ, it will be HISOUND's eq. such as JAZZ will be HISOUND's Jazz setting. ROCOO-- Wooduo rock. for it has 7 touch keys +3 physical keys + 1.8inch screen, so,it can execute most of the functions easier. it is very intuition.

Again, the good news is that the playing time possibly could be up to 25 hours.

nice!

Dec 7, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #384 of 1,083
Nova, pls launch asap... my ears cant wait any longer >.<

Dec 9, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #386 of 1,083
Quote:
Very good news!
About output If I right understood Nova player can quietly manage all 32 ohms headphones
but is it thinkable it can even push over?

HI, Thank you for your question, NOVA can work well with all the earphones with  32 ohm earphones. don't worry about the out put power issue.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back