EDIT: Chicago Mini Meet!!!!!! (Updated location for the 21st! of Feb.)
Jan 21, 2009 at 7:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

-=Germania=-

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys,

I know that there was the recent Western Michigan Meet and that there will likely be a meet in Central IL in late Feb./ early March. When do you guys want to potentially have the next Chicago meet or mini meet?

I am sure that there is a group of people who can't travel or don't want to travel more than a few hours for a meet and Chicago always has a good time.

If just a few people want to meet up (6 or less), I can probably find a space on the Northwestern campus. If just 3 or 4 other people want to meet up, we could probably just have it in my apartment.

EDIT:

I have secured a Location for the 21st of February. If only a few people can or want to come, that is absolutely fine.

It is on the Northwestern University campus and easily accessible by the Purple Line. Parking lot is 15 ft. from the room and lots of room to park. Did I mention that it has a lakeview - albeit on the first floor (no dragging things around).

Would be from 11PM - 4/5PM.

Streetview of building w/ parking lot.

Our Window View

Jan 25, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #3 of 42
Big yes to 02/14 and 02/15
yes to 02/21 and 02/22
no to 02/28
maybe to 02/29

Jan 26, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #4 of 42
I'de love to get together with you guys but I've kinda commited to the mid-Indiana meet already. I have lot's of gears I would really love to share with you guys.
I know it's a little early, but do you think you'll have another mini-meet like the one last August?

Jan 26, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #6 of 42
I'm interested, as always, if there is room for one more.

p.s. Member of the trade now Stacy? Are you selling your cables? I could use some IC's and maybe a mini-to-mini. PM me if you can help out.

Feb 10, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #11 of 42
The 28th is a huge no for me as I will have a project fair that morning and organization activities for the rest of the day (not the night though).

I am checking on maybe getting meeting place for the 14th or 21st. Just searching around ATM.

Feb 10, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #12 of 42
If you guys had it on the 14th I might be able to stop by...I'm going home that weekend.

I'll bring along my Woo Audio 6, Senn 650's, and Alessandro MS-2's.

Feb 10, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #13 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by danmagicman7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you guys had it on the 14th I might be able to stop by...I'm going home that weekend.

I'll bring along my Woo Audio 6, Senn 650's, and Alessandro MS-2's.

the 14th is V-day. dont think we should attempt that. any votes for sunday the 22nd? the weekend of the 28th turned out to be bad for me as well. I'm playing with the Joliet Junior College Big Band at the Elmhurst College Jazzfest! as a community member of course. should be fun though.

Feb 11, 2009 at 9:11 AM Post #14 of 42
I am checking for the 21st.

Basically waiting on potential approvals of some locations on the NU campus that have parking right next to the building.

I will let you know if something pans out.

Feb 13, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #15 of 42
I found out my school (in the south loop) has several conference rooms I could reserve for us. Some of the descriptions of the rooms sound great and would be perfect for small or large gatherings (50+ people).

If you are interested, I can look more into it and see if non students are allowed.

If you already found a place, I'll keep this idea in mind for the next Chicago meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back