Edirol UA-4FX vs E-MU 0202 vs ECHO Audiofire 2
Dec 22, 2008 at 8:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

gregzx

New Head-Fier
Hi guys. I am planning on buying an external audio interface in some future. Now all I can do, due to lack of money atm, is gather opinions about some audio interfaces I have came across, and wich seemed worth looking at.

Can anyone say anything about the audio interfaces mentioned in the title of this topic? I have heard that the audiofire 2 is probably the best of the trio, but it also is the most expensive and hardest to get for me. Do the E-MU and Edirol sound much worse than the echo device?

I am planning on using the headphones out for some time, untill I get a nice amplifier and a set of decent, high impedance, open-back headphones. I mentioned it to stress that the headphone out is the most important for me at the beginning but I might use the line-outs aswell.

So, please if anyone has any experience with any of these three interfaces, let me know what you think about them. I would love some comparison to the audiofire 2. I have heard many good things about it, and I am wondering how much worse the other two devices are.

I dont really care about the size (as long as it fits my desk ;] ) and the looks. Build quality is an important factor, but not a deal breaker.

Ok, thats about it from me.

Thanks in advance for any information.
cheers,
GZX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back