edifier s550 vs z5500
Sep 2, 2010 at 12:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

manugeorge

New Head-Fier
hello guys I am looking for a good multimedia speaker, my choices are z5500 and edifier s550
can edifier s550 compete z5500 in sound quality many reviews say that s550 is far better than logitech z5500 in build quality and sound quality, please write your opinions and experiences with these two speakers and my card is asus xonar dx.
                                                                                                                         advanced thanks 

Sep 2, 2010 at 5:22 AM Post #3 of 9
I'd have to go with Edifier, I've always seen them as superior to Logitech products in the same price range. Logitech is more popular but I'm sure Edifier has more sound quality in mind in their speakers (though neither is what you would call "audiophile" quality) rather than big boomy bass and a weak midrange sound coming out of most logitech speakers.

Do you absolutely need a 5.1 setup? If all you are doing is listening to music then a 2.1 system in the same price range will be much better. If you are into movies and gaming then sure 5.1 is not a bad choice. When I had a 5.1 system at one point in my life I thought it was great (back then I did not discover head-fi) until I heard some great entry speakers such as the M-Audio AV40 and Audioengine A2. I have never considered any 5.1 sound system after hearing those two speaker sets. Quality over quantity any day.

Sep 2, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #4 of 9
Edifier has great products for the price.  Go for the Edifiers, atleast you get two way wooden sats as opposed to 1 way plastic junk in the logitechs.  That is a big system, if you need it fine but if you are only going for quality 2.0 or 2.1 just concentrate on that.

Oct 4, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #6 of 9
I bought s550 and it is far better than logitech in sound quality.s550 is capable of producing such a sound quality which can compare with some denon,onkyo and jbl home theaters

Mar 13, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #7 of 9
hi mAnugeorge, as u shared the link , edifier s550 has bulky size than logitech z5500. but size does't matter for quality . and also s550 doest have any better decoder  than z5500. so  i would like to say please put some technical aspect over this system ..bcoz i'm aslo finding the same..suggest me ..thanx

Mar 13, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #8 of 9
If you absolutely limit between the 2 the Edifiers by a mile but if you are willing to spend on those brand new, consider a coax/optical "less than current" DTS/DD AVR and start with a 2.0/2.1 with better SQ in the used market perhaps
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #9 of 9
I'd have to go with Edifier, I've always seen them as superior to Logitech products in the same price range. Logitech is more popular but I'm sure Edifier has more sound quality in mind in their speakers (though neither is what you would call "audiophile" quality) rather than big boomy bass and a weak midrange sound coming out of most logitech speakers.

Do you absolutely need a 5.1 setup? If all you are doing is listening to music then a 2.1 system in the same price range will be much better. If you are into movies and gaming then sure 5.1 is not a bad choice. When I had a 5.1 system at one point in my life I thought it was great (back then I did not discover head-fi) until I heard some great entry speakers such as the M-Audio AV40 and Audioengine A2. I have never considered any 5.1 sound system after hearing those two speaker sets. Quality over quantity any day.

im in the middle of buying new speakers, you seem like you've heard good speakers.
which one should i buy? Edifier s730 vs s550 vs m audio av40 vs audioengine a5 vs Krk rokit 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back