Edifier S330D how good are they? ( please move if in wrong place)
Mar 11, 2015 at 1:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

headoncollision

100+ Head-Fier
hey guys.
so I`ve been wanting a desktop speakers for a while, and stumbled upon Edifier S330D on a local online store for 129$, I`m not really aiming for top notch fidelity but I want something with good bass, crisp triple and good soundstage for gaming, do not distort, been hearing quite alot of good about these, unfortunately getting two quality bookshelf speakers, pairing them with an amp and sub is out of my reach, since their not available here ( egypt ) and shipping them here will set me back 700-800$ easy, I have T40 II but they stopped working ( creating went radio silence on me regarding replacement) I`m currently using 5 years old creative 4.1 m4500 so the only option is to find something locally that is cost effective and sounds good.
I`ll be using these daily but not exclusively, since I have the hyperX cloud hooked up as well, and denon AH-D5000 in storage.
what you guys think.

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #2 of 3
too many views no replies
rolleyes.gif

Mar 17, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #3 of 3
received the s330d today. unboxed it, was blown away with the build quality and all, to my surprise after unwrapping everything, I found out that the RCA cable and satellites cables are missing!!, was so pissed, contacted the online store customer service, said they can send someone over to pick them up but it would take up to a week unit they issue a new replacement! luckily there is a radioshack near my residence , ran to it, picked 16 gauge speaker cables for 10$ thought it can`t hurt to have those 50ft laying around as I might need them in the future. cut 5 - 5ft for each satellite connected to the subwoofer, then connect the digital coax and boom! was good to go, played a dubstep song and was very surprised at the sound quality and the loudness of the unit! really didn`t expect them to sound as good, and the great thing is that the satellite take very little space on my desk while also looking good, thankfully there no defects, tested both digital out and analogue no issues what so ever, the remote is flawless with a slight click to turn on the unit, both satellites are balanced with no issues, noticed a very small plastic finish nop on one of the satellites tweeter housing. but that was all into it. played an audiobook awaken the giant within by anthony robbins and was pleased that the voice was crisp and clear unlike the issues I faced with my old creatives where voices were muffed and bassy. overall I`m so pleased with them, for only 130$ their worth every penny. now the customer service rep is waiting for my response regarding the replacement unit, of course I don`t want to wait another week for a replacement that might have issues. so I`m thinking of keeping this one!!! even without the cables!!! since I already bought them from radioshack and I have a high quality 35$ RCA cable that I have been using before, I see no need for the missing satellite cables and the RCA!! luck can only strike once so if I return these there might be a huge chance that I get a defective one!. anyway they provide an intimate listening experience. lets just hope the remote has a good live span with the other electronic components in the system.
I notice there are some holes in the frequency range, especially the lower midrange, but I`m not looking monitors especially at this price range, the subwoofer produces good and deep bass which I didn`t expect at all. the system is fairly loud too, more than enough for a desktop setup of this size
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back