Edifier H840 vs H850
Jul 14, 2016 at 3:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

adrianapeach49

New Head-Fier
I saw some good reviews of the Edifier H840 and H850 and was thinking of buying one. They're pretty close in price on Amazon. If anyone's tried both, which would you recommend?

Jul 14, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #2 of 4
I'm on Head-Fi a lot, and I never see people talk about the Edifier headphones. Did a search, and this was the discussion thread for them: http://www.head-fi.org/t/690468/edifier-headphones-and-earphones-h850-h290-etc. Doesn't seem like they have really caught in here. Not sure you'll find much information on them.

Nov 8, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #3 of 4
Well, I have them both, so maybe I can help you :smile_phones:
H840 is a classic V-shaped portable, with ability to improve with aplification. This are on-ears. I actually read review somewhere with comparison to Creative Aurvana Live! from owner of them both, and he said that H840 is better.
H850 is more on the neutral (flat) side with a light boost in a bass region. They imrove with amping somewhat more, and effectively over-ears (or circumaural) and more comfortable because of that. They sound resemble Sennheiser HD25-1 with velour pads, but with more bass and overall SQ. Rather fun, considering price difference. I own them too for some 2-3 years now, so it is IMHO, as usual.
So they are quite different. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back