Edifier DA5000 Pro 5.1 setup. Usable as 3.1?
Jun 3, 2013 at 1:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ReaperX13

New Head-Fier
Hey all.

http://www.edifier-international.com/products/edifier-multimedia/da5000-pro

Are the speakers I'm looking at because I can find them for about 180 bucks. I only want to use the 3 speakers + Sub though (The remote control is a HUGE plus too). Just for voices because I always have to turn my volume up/down at night when I'm watching a movie. Is it possible to do this? Is there a better option? Would I have to run it via a Receiver? It'll be doing into a Samsung 32 Inch smart TV. Which only has optical out. Or what I've been using til now; the headphone jack. If I just used the headphone jack would it work ? Splitting the voice into the correct channel? Or do I need a receiver? Or would be better getting cheap bookshelfs + a centre via a cheap receiver? I can't use the back two speakers because I simply have nowhere to put them. I looked at soundbars but they're all stupid expensive or too big. Currently using crappy old Logitech X-230s setup on my TV. :\.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

(Hope this is in the right forum section)

EDIT:

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/edifier-c6xd-5-1-multimedia-speaker-system.html?utm_source=ChannelAdvisor&utm_medium=Myshopping%20AU&utm_campaign=TV%20&%20Audio%20%3E%20Portable%20Audio%20%3E%20Portable%20Audio

Found another set. Albiet cheaper. With a receiver/amp. With optical connections. Better choice?

Jun 3, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #2 of 3
1. For these Edifiers nope u dun need a receiver - there are powered speakers
2. If u are willing to go used, i would really go with an amp + floorstanders unless u can get bookies + active sub at a comparable price as floor standers (decent sub)
3. Since u stated a lack of space for a 5.1 set up then option #2 becomes more attractive IMO I would definitely go option #2 than settle for soundbars

Jun 3, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
1. For these Edifiers nope u dun need a receiver - there are powered speakers
2. If u are willing to go used, i would really go with an amp + floorstanders unless u can get bookies + active sub at a comparable price as floor standers (decent sub)
3. Since u stated a lack of space for a 5.1 set up then option #2 becomes more attractive IMO I would definitely go option #2 than settle for soundbars

The issue is I don't have room for floor speakers. I need small front satellites. I don't mind buying used though.

The only reason I asked about a receiver is that the first set of speakers ONLY had RCA/standard inputs. No optical. Meaning I'd have to use the headphone jack from the TV and was worried that this would then only project 2 channels properly anyway; and thus not split the voice into the middle speaker (I don't know if it works that way?). The second set of speakers has optical as an input so its more appealing though slightly ugly lol. And again the main reason for considering this is the centre speaker. I can take a picture of my setup if it makes it any easier to decipher? Lol.

Thanks for the reply though! =).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back