Eddie Current Zana Deux Transformer Appreciation Thread - AKA ZDT
Oct 29, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #76 of 77
I asked for the 3pin XLR connectors for my existing balanced HD800 and W5000, so the silk screening is correct.  Last I looked, the ZDT is done, and has been replaced by the 2a3 version.  At that time the last ZDT was for sale.

Congrats on your ZDT, I sure love mine.

Oct 29, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #77 of 77
Thanks. I think though that with 4-pin connectors where your 3-pins go, the lettering should have been changed to say Left Chair/Right Chair.

It was kind of a shock to me to see it all dressed up with every kind of tweak, toy and the beautiful brass Heavy Feet and the best tubes. Kind of like seeing a picture of your new girl friend all tarted up & getting ready to go out and turn tricks. I was gobsmacked... Mill999red's pictures are not just the same model - they are the same unit. he put the pix up in the middle of May wearing well over $500 in vibration control and tube upgrades. I found the unit on the EC New & Used page in September while researching a $1300 ZD offered on Audiogon. I went back and forth with Craig a few times about the relative values of the audiogon ZD, ordering a ZD SE, the new Super 7. When getting around to delivery dates, he told me that if I wanted a good one right away that he had this one on hand. 

Now that she's mine, she's been stripped down to Craig's stock tubes and conical black rubber feet. And still beautiful! I got my first CD player in 1985; I had about 15 records at the time. In the following 25 years, I have collected almost 250 CD's and more than 5000 vinyl records. Digital just never sounded as good as analog to me. Until now. I've never heard digital music this fine anywhere, ever.

I hope Mill999red sees this and posting and chimes in with a little more background. If this amp can sound so good stock, I would love to hear from him about what kind of changes to the sound all that pretty Mapleshade hardware causes. How about it, Mill999red? Did the tube damper on your input tube help? How about those Winged "C" power tubes? You got the supposedly better power tubes. Are they any better than the stock ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back