Its a strong possiblity. We currently are representing:

Moth si2a3/45H
Moth/EC 2A3
Eddie Current Zana Deux
Eddie Current HD-25
Eddie Current EC-SS
Eddie Current Balancing Act
God knows how many pairs of Moth Cicadas

That's just headfiers - who knows what random audiophile may have some random old school moth pieces as well...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You forgot my amp Ryan.
wink.gif

I don't know what your talking about
tongue.gif

Sep 3, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #197 of 1,499
I've seen a few 2A3, 45si Moth amps driving speakers out here in Nor Cal. All in mint condition too.
I asked Craig one time if he sold many of the fancy casework Moths in Japan and he said none (which really surprised me). He said that a few went to Italy though. If you've never seen any of those (like on the Moth Museum page of the web site) they're really a sight to see in person.
At the last Nor Cal meet we were talking about those amps and he said that when they had some at the last Stereophile show in San Francisco, a lady that was there told Craig that one of the amps was disgusting and she couldn't believe that they would build such a sexually suggestive object and then display it in public! Anybody that knows Craig should be able to picture his shock and dismay but a decade later, we had a good laugh about it.

Sep 3, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #198 of 1,499
Damn you guys and your 45 talk - just sent an email to Craig asking about the possibility of the 45 tube in the BA
popcorn.gif
My best guess is that it will require a completely different output transformer and Craig won't bother but it never hurts to ask.

Sep 4, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #202 of 1,499
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironbut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, the BA that he had in Fl (CanJam 08) was switchable from a 300b or type 45. You might have to have him set it up for a 45 but I doubt that it would take a different transformer (the other way around it might).

No go - it could be done with the current transformers (output, power, and heater) but to maximize the performance of the 45 tube would require different output trannies as well as a different power tranny. So considering that the BA is about as custom designed as is, requiring extra customization and iron might be extra overkill. Ah well...I am sure if I or someone bugged him enough and showed him enough dough it could be done
icon10.gif

Sep 5, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #203 of 1,499
Anyone know when the finalised options for the second run will be ready?

I heard from Craig saying that before taking deposits he would e-mail with exact specs and any changes since the first run

Sep 5, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #204 of 1,499
Go ask Craig yourself. He could tell you better than any of us here. I'm guessing the 2nd run is coming out in late November so probably some time in October. He's most likely messing with the 2nd run since the 1st run is doing nothing but sitting in a corner.

Sep 9, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #205 of 1,499
The input tube is still a 6SN7 and the stock unit takes 300B

Custom build is with AD1 or 307A and has Yamamoto sockets but costs $300 more than the stock unit at $3500

Sep 9, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #206 of 1,499
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarmel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go ask Craig yourself. He could tell you better than any of us here. I'm guessing the 2nd run is coming out in late November so probably some time in October. He's most likely messing with the 2nd run since the 1st run is doing nothing but sitting in a corner.

Shrug my understanding is there was a production issue with the mail boxes. They had promised that the end dimensions would fit within the USPS guidelines for international shipments and he reminded them many times. Yet when the prototype box showed up it was too big. So now they've switched to a two box set up and I think he must have the new boxes by now.. but no idea.

The prototype box ended up going to a US customer and they've received their unit.

Sep 10, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #208 of 1,499
Haha I don't blame you. Should just move to California ;p

Sep 11, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #209 of 1,499
Anyone know that what s difference between AD1-mesh and Telefunken AD1.

Telefunken AD1 twice as expensive as EML-AD1 mesh.But According to EML .Mesh tubes are manufactured by Telefunken..

single Telefunken AD1----700 Dolars..
confused_face(1).gif
Telefunken AD1
matched pair EML-mesh ---- 700 Dolars.

Sep 12, 2009 at 8:17 AM Post #210 of 1,499
Are the majority still going with the 307A option?

What about Yamamoto tube sockets? Whose having those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back