Eddie Current Balancing Act
Feb 5, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #2 of 1,499
I have one with AD1 tubes. AD1 represent.

Feb 5, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #4 of 1,499
3200 hundred for this run with the 307A config or 300B config. 3725 dollars for the AD1 config with tubes included.

After this run it will be 3.5k and 4k

Feb 5, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #5 of 1,499
faithfully waiting as well.
think he expects to start production by end of the month.
just waiting for some last parts for the power supply.
there's a chance we'll be getting some pics of the final chassis this week
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #7 of 1,499
Oh Lord! First the Senn HD800 and now the Balancing Act is going into production! I just got a pair of Jades and an amp for them is on the way.
Hmm,.. I guess I don't really need a car do I?
I can remember a thread a while back saying that the days of high end headphones was over. That one left me scratching my head but folks, we may be looking at the beginning of a headphone Golden Age from what I can tell. CanJam 09 is gonna get a whole bunch-a folks flying in to hear the latest!
Hey Min, did you get a chance to hear Craig's personal BA set up with the 40kHz bench supply? He was lovin' it the last time I checked in with him.

Feb 6, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #8 of 1,499
he has five zdts being put together as well

Feb 6, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #9 of 1,499
Can someone please recommend me some good 6SN7 tubes for the BA. I mostly listen to Classic Rock, Pop and Soundscores. Cans Grado RS1 and HD650.

Will the amp be able to use 5692 and European 6SN7 version tubes?

Feb 6, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #10 of 1,499
wonder how the EC 307A will compare to the Pete Millett 307A.

anyone have pics of the final production model?

also, why offer three different tube configurations. what's the benefit of one over the other?

Feb 6, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #11 of 1,499
Waiting on a BA here as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

also, why offer three different tube configurations. what's the benefit of one over the other?

The 307A is supposed to be more transparent and neutral whereas the 300B is more lush with 'bloomy midrange'. I don't believe anyone has heard the AD1 yet and I'm very curious to know how it sounds as well.

Feb 6, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #13 of 1,499
Quote:

Originally Posted by Varma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can someone please recommend me some good 6SN7 tubes for the BA.

How about a CBS Hytron, I heard they were good. Congrats to you guys on the run.

Feb 6, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #14 of 1,499
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone have pics of the final production model?

When I visited Craig he allowed me to take a photo of a black and white illustration of the final case design. I checked with him to make sure I could post it -- if you guys think otherwise I am happy to take this down.

ba_printed.jpg

Note the controls will sit at a tilt on the upper face of the case; the three ports on the front are two 3-pin XLR, a 4-pin, and a single-ended headphone output.

Feb 6, 2009 at 9:18 AM Post #15 of 1,499
foo_me heard pictures this week I believe, but shrug soon I'm sure.

The incarnation of the Balancing Act I heard I liked better than the TTVJ Millet 307A. But recognize that may be due to my personal preferences rather than anything particularly conclusive.

The AD1 is kind of a legendary Nazi tube that Emissions Labs makes now as well though a mesh plate version.

It should sound amazing and the tubes aren't particularly cheap either, but shrug who knows until it is made. The 307a version is awesome though, but the tubes are somewhat hard to find while the AD1s are rare as well but there is someone is actually still making them so... which is more accessible? Tough to say.

If I dig the amp enough I'll probably buy a life time's supply. If it sucks I'll probably have it converted to 307a.

Yes he will have the ability to swap which tubes it uses though as far as cost/difficulty I can't say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back