Eddie Current Balancing Act with Audio Technica headphones - would love some advice.
Apr 23, 2012 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

AppleheadMay

Headphoneus Supremus
I am thinkig of getting a BA for my headphones which are all Audio Technica's apart from two Denon D7000 and a Fostex TH900 in the near future.

The AT's are hypersensitive headphones, therefore I wanted to ask if anyone has tried those with the BA, preferably out of the single-ended output.
Do they match well and is the amp quiet with them?

All impressions are greatly appreciated.

Edit:
I suppose the Balanced output on the rear is a preamp output? Can it be set to fixed output?
And what is the "Loop" for, is that a fixed output?

eddiecurrent_balancingact_photo_baback2.jpg

Apr 23, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #2 of 9
Just speculating but loop should just pass through the signal so that the BA is essentially non intrusive if the source only has one set of outs.  The BA also can act like a pre-amp so it sounds like you've got it right.

I think a BA with AT's would be a good setup!  The AT's I know of are efficient and the BA is well suited for those kinds of loads.

Apr 23, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #3 of 9
Yep, I managed to find info on the outputs in the 6Moons review.
I wonder if it would be possibel to make the XLR fixed output as well, or include a switch to choose between variable and fixed. I'm kind of addicted to connectivity.  :wink:

Thanks for the info!

Apr 23, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #4 of 9
FWIW the W3000ANVs sound dead silent after the BA has warmed up enough. And yes out of the BA you won't be disappointed.

Jun 18, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #6 of 9
BA owner here and I've heard the ATs on the BA.  Dead silent!

Jun 18, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #7 of 9
have not listened to any ATH headphones but with my RS1 or K701, i have never heard any noise. and both sound great on the BA. i listen to my BA every night before i go to sleep. i use it exclusively as a headphone amp. it was not cheap -- about 4k when all said and done -- but i consider it a great purchase.

Jun 20, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #9 of 9
I have never had any noise issues with any of the low impedance cans. Danons, grados, at. I have had people test there sensitive iems on my BA at meets and were surprised that there was still no noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back