Economical, high-quality, digital audio switch?
Nov 11, 2011 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

amcananey

Forever a 500+ Head-Fier
My Burson HA-160D only has 1 USB input and 1 coaxial input. It doesn't have an optical/TOSlink input.

I have two non-USB digital sources that I want to use with the Burson, so I am looking for a suitable switch that won't cost me a fortune, but also won't break, be unreliable or degrade performance.

One of my sources has both coaxial and optical/TOSlink outs, and the other has an optical out. If necessary, I have a cheap optical-->coaxial adapter I could use, but I would rather avoid that if possible.

Does anyone have any experience with a switch (or "switcher") that has two digital audio inputs (any combination of 2 coaxial, 2 optical or 1 coaxial and 1 optical would work, with the latter two being preferable) and at a minimum a coaxial out?

I'd rather not spend a ton of money on a stupid switch if possible. There are a lot of cheap coaxial switches out there for switching between antenna and cable inputs on TVs, but they look pretty rough and I assume they are 300 ohm, rather than 75 ohm. Similarly, there are a lot of cheap optical switches, but they don't have a coaxial out.

Any advice?

Best regards,
Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back