Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread
Jun 30, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #676 of 992
I have been thoroughly enjoying my pair for the last week. Speed, clarity, resolution, space around instruments, excellent fit, it all works for me. My previous favorite were the Kef M200 but the cleaner midbass and more sparkling treble of the X1's has won me over. Great job Echobox!

Jun 30, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #678 of 992
I have been thoroughly enjoying my pair for the last week. Speed, clarity, resolution, space around instruments, excellent fit, it all works for me. My previous favorite were the Kef M200 but the cleaner midbass and more sparkling treble of the X1's has won me over. Great job Echobox!

Awww yeah man! I know they're more about speakers, but the idea that we can beat a KEF product is pretty freakin' sweet ^_^

Jul 1, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #681 of 992
I'm probably one of the head-fiers from the weekend batch (well it was 2 weekends ago?) - but I opened them only yesterday and listened to them for just a little bit.
I liked what I heared with the white filters, but wanted to try the more neutral black ones and I found little problem - one of the black filters doesn't want to screw all the way down, instead it gets stuck somewhere in the middle, probably damaged screw-thread?. The white ones and one the black filters are fine (I tried it on both of the earphones).
Now the question - can it in any way influence the sound quality? When I tried that, first I thought I hear the music a bit more loudly from the "bad filter" earphone, but after about 30 min I am not so sure. Maybe if I didn't know which earphone is which (blind test :) ), I wouldn't hear any difference. What do you think?

I'm a bit of perfectionist so the fact that the filters are not even is crushing me a little inside, but if there is no problem with SQ I would probably learn to live with that :) (and yeah, I liked the black ones better..).

Also I didn't get the comply tips in my box, but that's not big a deal.

Jul 1, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #682 of 992
Mine did that too for some reason.  I just wrapped the filter in a microfiber cloth and took a pair of pliers and turned it past the sticking point.   No damage done to the filter btw.

Jul 1, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #683 of 992
Aaaaarrrgghh - I would like to avoid that - taking pliers on my new precious titanium earphones.. :) - didn't you destroy the thread on the earphones themselves - can you screw the white filters (for example) normally now?

Jul 1, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #684 of 992
Nope everything is fine. The original ones go back on fine, just seemed like only one side of the black filters needed coaxing. No damages to the filter either

Jul 1, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #686 of 992
  I'm probably one of the head-fiers from the weekend batch (well it was 2 weekends ago?) - but I opened them only yesterday and listened to them for just a little bit.
I liked what I heared with the white filters, but wanted to try the more neutral black ones and I found little problem - one of the black filters doesn't want to screw all the way down, instead it gets stuck somewhere in the middle, probably damaged screw-thread?. The white ones and one the black filters are fine (I tried it on both of the earphones).
Now the question - can it in any way influence the sound quality? When I tried that, first I thought I hear the music a bit more loudly from the "bad filter" earphone, but after about 30 min I am not so sure. Maybe if I didn't know which earphone is which (blind test :) ), I wouldn't hear any difference. What do you think?

I'm a bit of perfectionist so the fact that the filters are not even is crushing me a little inside, but if there is no problem with SQ I would probably learn to live with that :) (and yeah, I liked the black ones better..).

I experienced that too, but not a big deal as I preferred the white ones.  A number of people had this problem.  Echobox temporarily ran out of the Comply tips, but if you ask, they will ship you tips as they have them back in stock now.

Jul 1, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #687 of 992

Hey Dale,

We've found that one batch of our initial production run of filters had this defect, and we've had a couple of people with similar problems - if you're still having issues, email team@eboxaudio.com and we'll get you a new filter :)

I can't guarantee the plier method, but remember they're titanium and are pretty darn durable :wink:

Jul 1, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #689 of 992
New to the thread. I have had my X-1's since March. I am not a IEM person. I actually won these at CanJam SoCal . I was more interested in the Explorer but gave them a listen it didn't hurt they had a couple of cute girls at the table 
wink.gif
. Mostly I've listened to them out of my iPhone with Tidal but not too much. I mostly listen to Headphones but the other day I was bored and said lets try them again from my QP1R and it was was almost a OMG moment. I think it might been some burn in thing or something but dang do these sound great not just good. I know a lot of people don't believe in burn in but i think it might be something here as it is with the Ether-C's because I don't remembering them sounding this good. I liked the Black tuning the best but on a flight to Chicago one fell of and was not able to find it so the Whites will have to do. I tried emailing Echobox but still no reply (might be me as I have too many accounts and don't check them all too regular). But if I can buy a set of Black tuning nozzles @Gilly87 that would be great. Well anyway Hello to all and enjoy the Finders . 

Jul 2, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #690 of 992
  Thanks for the reply Gilly - do you think it can influence the SQ (if it is not screwed all the way down)?
I am affraid of the plier method :)

I'd doubt it, but the only real test is your ears 
etysmile.gif
 If it doesn't feel right, drop us a line and we'll get you taken care of 
cool.gif

FWIW, we use space-grade titanium, which is stronger than all but the most expensive steel alloys - it can take a pretty good beating. We've run over multiple pairs with cars, and only saw any real damage when we left them in LA rush hour traffic for 15 minutes 
blink.gif
  If it's any consolation, the "plier+cloth method" is pretty much exactly what we'll do if you send them back 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back