Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread
Dec 18, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #139 of 992
@vwinter
: Thanks for your review.  Very helpful and well-written!  Looking forward to getting my Finders in January (and the Explorer in April).

Thanks! Though "review" is a little generous :xf_eek:

I just realized I never linked my review here from the head gear section: http://www.head-fi.org/products/echobox-audio-finder-x1/reviews/14677

Would have definitely missed this.
Nice read!

Looks like they changed the colors of the filters from the review sample (white x black).

We should have a section in the first post for excerpts of impressions/reviews of the filter portion of unboxing notes. I lol'ed when I read yours.

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #141 of 992
Dec 18, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #143 of 992
@Gilly87:

My email account associated with international Finder X1 order (Pledge ID: 14161686) was deleted.

I have a new email now but how to communicate it to you to notify me on dispatch and delivery?

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #144 of 992
I just spent a while comparing these from a Mojo to my IE 800s. There's not much in it - they're very close and any differences are more down to taste than better or worse. The 800s are a bit smoother, the X1s a bit more detailed and airy (black reference filters). They're both really good and have that great dynamic driver coherence. And these are at least as well built and definitely fit better. At the price this is a home run.

Dec 19, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #145 of 992
Yes, they seem to get better and better with each listen.  Neutral and detailed with a tightly controlled bump from the mid-bass on down.  They easily compare with the best IEM's at 300 or more.  Some feel the top end is a little hot, bit I don't find it that way.  They don't roll off at the top like many IEM's.  High hat cymbals and shakers cone through where other phones just miss them completely.  It's a cliche, but I'm hearing things in my music I simply never heard before, even with some very respected IEM's and full  sized cans.  These are a home run, or maybe a grand slam.

Dec 19, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #146 of 992

I just spent a while comparing these from a Mojo to my IE 800s. There's not much in it - they're very close and any differences are more down to taste than better or worse. The 800s are a bit smoother, the X1s a bit more detailed and airy (black reference filters). They're both really good and have that great dynamic driver coherence. And these are at least as well built and definitely fit better. At the price this is a home run.

Yes, they seem to get better and better with each listen.  Neutral and detailed with a tightly controlled bump from the mid-bass on down.  They easily compare with the best IEM's at 300 or more.  Some feel the top end is a little hot, bit I don't find it that way.  They don't roll off at the top like many IEM's.  High hat cymbals and shakers cone through where other phones just miss them completely.  It's a cliche, but I'm hearing things in my music I simply never heard before, even with some very respected IEM's and full  sized cans.  These are a home run, or maybe a grand slam.

damn the x1 is so amazing in bass control while being highly detailed:scream:

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif
 So glad you guys are liking these!

Can't wait to show you what else we have cooking for next year!!! ;D

Dec 20, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #147 of 992
HI @Gilly87 , just checking when I should be expecting my Finders - I went for the "Early Finder" option but only did so on the 10th December. Does that mean mine have already shipped or that they'll ship for delivery in January? Am fine either way, just wanted to know whether to expect them soon or prepare myself to wait a but longer!

Dec 22, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #149 of 992
HI @Gilly87
 , just checking when I should be expecting my Finders - I went for the "Early Finder" option but only did so on the 10th December. Does that mean mine have already shipped or that they'll ship for delivery in January? Am fine either way, just wanted to know whether to expect them soon or prepare myself to wait a but longer!

Heya!
Shoot us an email at team@eboxaudio.com and we'll get you straightened out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back