Echobox Finder X1 Review by mark2410
Feb 13, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #16 of 26

cool, so should you make a new filter would it me made available as a seperate purchase, actually for that matter will replacement filters be available to buy should one manage to loose one?  might be a nice feature early buyers taht if new filters come they can always "upgade" the Finders as it were?

We're working on getting each individual accessory up on our sales page, so yes, definitely ^_^

Feb 23, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #17 of 26
  Echobox Finder X1 Review

Thanks to Echobox for the sample.
TLDR? Try here http://www.head-fi.org/t/797891/echobox-finder-x1-review-by-mark2410#post_12330305

One curious thing to note is if you have an Ety 75 ohm adapter laying around, give it a go.  Seriously, it’s been a good while since I’ve fund something that was so marked an improvement.  The extra impedance took the 735 or the Shuffle and propelled them well towards having an amp.  Crazy but whoa, the treble difference especially was a great big dose of refinement, I’m gonna say right now if you buy a Finder X1 spend the extra 10 bucks and grab an Ety like adapter off eBay.  It’ll be the best upgrade you’ll get spending a tenner.

Great review, well written and in such great detail.
Thanks for the Tip
One 75 Ohm adapter a touch of Finder X1 and lashings of Mojo and hey Presto

Ear to Ear Grin time 
L3000.gif

Feb 25, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #18 of 26
  Great review, well written and in such great detail.
Thanks for the Tip
One 75 Ohm adapter a touch of Finder X1 and lashings of Mojo and hey Presto

Ear to Ear Grin time 
L3000.gif

yey!!!  im glad someone did it and can confirm im not some crazy lunatic.  it really does make a big difference doesnt it?

oh and thank you for the compliment.

Feb 25, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #19 of 26

yey!!!  im glad someone did it and can confirm im not some crazy lunatic.  it really does make a big difference doesnt it?

oh and thank you for the compliment.

I've got one on the way from Hong Kong.  It should be here in a few days.  Looking forward to trying it out.  I wonder why it has such an effect.  The Finders don't have a super low impedance and its impedance is pretty flat.

Feb 25, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #20 of 26

I've got one on the way from Hong Kong.  It should be here in a few days.  Looking forward to trying it out.  I wonder why it has such an effect.  The Finders don't have a super low impedance and its impedance is pretty flat.

well maybe its more a function of what the impedance does to the sources?  tbh its alwas been one of these crazy things that sometimes does huge things, other times nothing but as a rule, if there is such a thing, things with a crossover react badly, sinngle driver dynamics improve.  maybe improve a tiny tiny bit but usually they get a little dash of of upper end refinement. 

plus..... the adapters are so cheap as tweeks go why not, at worst you can just use it a hiss removal tool for hissy sources but frankly its totally hit and miss as to what itll do for soemthing.

Feb 25, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #21 of 26
My thoughts exactly what could go wrong at that price?

Feb 26, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #22 of 26
  My thoughts exactly what could go wrong at that price?

exactly, especially in this warld where you get people spending spending huge ammounts on cables and interconects a tenner is practicaly nothing.  its soemthing i tihnk everyoen should have to hand becaues its random what really benefits from it

Mar 10, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #23 of 26
I finally got my impedance adapter.  Unfortunately, I don't detect any improvement at all.  It of course makes the Finders less sensitive, but no improvement in treble refinement.  In fact, I think it had a slightly opposite effect.  Of course the difference may be source dependent too.  I only tried it with my cell phone, which is my poorest source, although one might expect the adapter to be of the most benefit with a cell phone, which likely has a highish output impedance.  I'm going to try it with my JDS O2 and Sansa Clip, both of which have very low output impedance.

Mar 12, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #26 of 26
  I finally got my impedance adapter.  Unfortunately, I don't detect any improvement at all.  It of course makes the Finders less sensitive, but no improvement in treble refinement.  In fact, I think it had a slightly opposite effect.  Of course the difference may be source dependent too.  I only tried it with my cell phone, which is my poorest source, although one might expect the adapter to be of the most benefit with a cell phone, which likely has a highish output impedance.  I'm going to try it with my JDS O2 and Sansa Clip, both of which have very low output impedance.

well yes, the source will matter a lot but im surprised you noticed no changes, i noted quite heafty changes from a few sources.
  You say the treble is overwhelming, is it like DT990? (if you have heard them of course :b) 

well its is for me, but no ive not heard the 990's in part becaues im pretty sure their treble weild be a bit over much for me, im farly treble sensitive so i find prominant treble to be tiring.  something like the DBA-02 i found killer on my ears yet others absolutly loved its hyper crisp presentation. 

ta make best use of a review, its agood idea to get a review form that reviewer of something you have heard yourself so you can guage how the reviewer and yourself hear things in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back