Echobox Finder X1 -- One of the pleasant surprises of CanJam
Mar 30, 2015 at 1:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

Trager

500+ Head-Fier
There's been a bit of discussion of the new Echobox DAP around these parts, but their titanium-cased IEMs were really excellent, as well. Taking a page out of the Audeo playbook (well, among others), they come with different filters to change the sig depending on your tastes, and while I enjoyed the starter grey filters, the green ones made them absolutely sing to my ears. 

In form, they reminded me a lot of the Monster Miles Davis Trumpet IEMs, but I felt they were stronger and punchier across the spectrum than almost anything I've tried in their price class. The build quality and materials really impressed me, and it was insane how light and small the actual IEMs are. I have a really strong preference for IEMs with inline mics and remotes (since I primarily use my IEMs while working, and need to be able to take calls), but as soon as Echobox releases it, I'll be getting one. I'm not sure if they'll displace my beloved Westone IEMs, but I also wouldn't bet against it, either. 

Mar 30, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #3 of 36
Yeah, I'll drop you a line later today. Still think you're a little nuts for being such a T-Fi 10 fan, but the Westones make up for it 
wink.gif
 Did you ever get to check out the 1964 A-series?

Mar 30, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #4 of 36
I like how this IEM look but is it okay without strain reliefs? And is there going to be a version without the mic?

It's the first time I've heard that it has filter system though, that's nice!

Mar 31, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #5 of 36
  I like how this IEM look but is it okay without strain reliefs? And is there going to be a version without the mic?

It's the first time I've heard that it has filter system though, that's nice!

We'll be launching a non-mic'd version first, followed by a version with remote and mic later this year.

There are actually strain reliefs, but it's a bit of a new design - instead of strengthening the cable around the attachment, we've put strain relief inside the housing, in the form of a rubber tube around the cable where it exits the housing. Our testing has shown this method to be more durable in the long run, as well as eliminating some users' fit problems, vs an external strain relief.

The filter system is definitely a major perk :)

Apr 1, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #6 of 36

We'll be launching a non-mic'd version first, followed by a version with remote and mic later this year.

There are actually strain reliefs, but it's a bit of a new design - instead of strengthening the cable around the attachment, we've put strain relief inside the housing, in the form of a rubber tube around the cable where it exits the housing. Our testing has shown this method to be more durable in the long run, as well as eliminating some users' fit problems, vs an external strain relief.

The filter system is definitely a major perk :)

That's interesting. Though I think you'd want to include the details for the filter system and the non mic version (and maybe even about the strain relief) on your site, at least for when it becomes available. :)

Apr 1, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #7 of 36

The filter system is definitely a major perk
smily_headphones1.gif

That's interesting. Though I think you'd want to include the details for the filter system and the non mic version (and maybe even about the strain relief) on your site, at least for when it becomes available.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh man, there are tons of changes I want to make to the website...unfortunately it's low on my list of priorities for pre-launch.

May 17, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #10 of 36
Checking in from the Nakano Headphone Festival. The Finder X1 was really, REALLY impressive and I'm looking forward to it even more with that video. Will definitely be keeping tabs on it.

May 23, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #11 of 36
  Checking in from the Nakano Headphone Festival. The Finder X1 was really, REALLY impressive and I'm looking forward to it even more with that video. Will definitely be keeping tabs on it.

Thanks dude! So glad you liked it. We've got a few reviewers lined up, so long-term impressions should begin rolling in over the next few weeks or so :)

Jul 10, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #14 of 36
I'm not based in US so I'm not even in the equation. Still interested with this but probably will wait for someone or local shop here to have them. Would love to hear any feedback too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back