Echobox Audio LIVE on IndieGoGo!!
Nov 23, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #121 of 337
  The stretch goals looks pretty great, each seeming beneficial and not overly ambitious to create any big delays. 

Also I have a little concern. It's nothing significant in any way, but I did notice the screen for the device seems to be a bit dim from the pictures shown of it. Like all electronic products, the speed, response and fluidity of the device's UI is also a very crucial matter to my pledge of this product. Im sure though that those concerns have been long since dealt with. 

Heya,

The screen is definitely not dim in person; it's not as intensely bright as, say, a Samsung AMOLED panel at full brightness, but it's definitely not dim by any measure even at 2/3 brightness.

Quad-core CPU and 2GB of RAM makes for a pretty snappy device - especially since it has a smaller screen, zero bloatware, and no cellular radios to manage ^_^

Nov 23, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #122 of 337

Heya,

The screen is definitely not dim in person; it's not as intensely bright as, say, a Samsung AMOLED panel at full brightness, but it's definitely not dim by any measure even at 2/3 brightness.

Quad-core CPU and 2GB of RAM makes for a pretty snappy device - especially since it has a smaller screen, zero bloatware, and no cellular radios to manage ^_^

Guess that takes care of my concerns then! As long as its as bright as my iPhone 6 (which I keep at 25% brightness), I'll be satisfied. 

Specwise, 2 GB of RAM is quite hefty for a non cellular handheld device, so that is great to hear. 

Only thing now is not to be asked or pulled aside by school staff and campus safety thinking I'm carrying a flask haha. Don't want this wonderful thing confiscated.

Nov 23, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #123 of 337
  Guess that takes care of my concerns then! As long as its as bright as my iPhone 6 (which I keep at 25% brightness), I'll be satisfied. 

Specwise, 2 GB of RAM is quite hefty for a non cellular handheld device, so that is great to hear. 

Only thing now is not to be asked or pulled aside by school staff and campus safety thinking I'm carrying a flask haha. Don't want this wonderful thing confiscated.

I mean, I think when they see the screen and headphone jacks, you shouldn't have any issues 
cool.gif

Nov 23, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #124 of 337
I would love to support/get something like this, but alas, the cost is too high for me.
etysmile.gif

frown.gif
. .  .   .    .        .              .                             .

Nov 23, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #126 of 337
  If you wait, the cost is only going to get higher.

Well, until there is a second-hand market, I guess.

Yep, I realize that, but a student is poor. *sigh*  I would love to get more into high-end audio.

Nov 23, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #127 of 337
I AM IN!
After hearing the DAP and phones at CanJam UK , and seeing the deal you're offering, I had to, didn't I?

I think I'm going to go for mahogany.
What have other backers chosen?

@Gilly87, maybe a poll re' choice of wood could help you determine how many of each to manufacture?

You've probably already determined that though eh?

And I'd also be in for a leather case (as long as there are no press-studs involved!) if one becomes available.

Nov 23, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #129 of 337
I like the mahogany best I think. From the rear, I actually like the black walnut as it matches the aluminum hardware better. From the front though, the mahogany contrasts less with the black device/screen.

Nov 23, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #130 of 337
I am leaning toward the black walnut. I would like to see a cherry wood or Birdseye Maple version...

Nov 24, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #131 of 337
BTW, my suggestions for stretch goals were a tempered glass screen protector (these are a revelation if you've never tried them), and a case.

I then thought of another couple of possibilities:
How about a 'chap stick' of beeswax or something similar to help maintain the wood body?

SD card/s?

Nov 24, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #132 of 337
I AM IN!
After hearing the DAP and phones at CanJam UK , and seeing the deal you're offering, I had to, didn't I?

I think I'm going to go for mahogany.
What have other backers chosen?

@Gilly87, maybe a poll re' choice of wood could help you determine how many of each to manufacture?

You've probably already determined that though eh?

And I'd also be in for a leather case (as long as there are no press-studs involved!) if one becomes available.

Well we'll be sending out forms before we begin MP so people can choose which one they want and have it made to order - after all we're doing about 100 that will be customized ^_^ We'll likely base our normal MP ratios on the outcome of the campaign.

A leather case is definitely going to be on the menu at some point - I know not everyone wants to walk around looking like they're carrying a flask XD

Mahogany is my favorite too. Such class.

Nov 24, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #133 of 337
  I am leaning toward the black walnut. I would like to see a cherry wood or Birdseye Maple version...

We actually had a cherry version and I really liked it color wise, my personal favorite after mahogany, but it's just not as durable as other hardwoods unfortunately - it was taking scratches and dents too easily for us to feel good about offering it as a durable option.

Birdseye maple does look cool...we've got lots of opportunities for "special edition" collaborations, this could make a cool one ^_^

Nov 24, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #134 of 337
Hi George,
Any chance of some pic's of the different woods?, I'm not certain that I've seen the black walnut? (presumably it's not the red one in the video)

If birds-eye maple, burl/burr wood or any other heavily figured or 'stabilised' woods were available I'd definitely be on board with that, even if it meant paying a smallish premium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back