Echobox Audio LIVE on IndieGoGo!!
Nov 16, 2015 at 1:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 337

Gilly87

Member of the Trade: ApeSonic

Hey everyone...

IT'S HERE!!!!!!!

It's been a crazy year of CanJams, trade shows, and me running around like a mad man, but, with help from my friend and Echobox's new Director of Operations, Sam, we've just launched our IndieGoGo campaign! 

/img/vimeo_logo.png

Here's the link:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/echobox-the-evolution-of-personal-audio/x/12732976#/

We didn't originally intend to go the crowdfunding route, but we've fielded a lot of feedback on the Explorer from Head-Fiers and people who have had the chance to demo at trade shows like IFA and CES, and we're really determined to make the Explorer the best DAP it can be, and we need your help to make it real! 

We're offering deep, deep discounts on both the Finder Titanium Earphones and the Explorer DAP, with the option to receive the Finders in time for Christmas! (International orders also ship ASAP but we can't guarantee Christmas).

Our backers for the Explorer will be getting their units before our retail launch, and a *very few* early backers have the ability to get custom laser engraving on the wood body of their Explorer!

Pretty sweet, right?

We're also giving a portion of our campaign to charity- 1% of our total sales and 100% of the donation tiers will be going to Seattle Music Partners, a locally owned and operated nonprofit dedicated to providing music lessons to kids from underprivileged families in the Seattle area. As music lovers, we all know what a huge difference music can make in our lives. For kids learning how to play an instrument, getting both the joy of hearing their own music and the thrill of developing a new, rewarding skill, and feeling the joy of learning that sticks with them throughout their life, it can be the difference between a life of poverty, and a bright future being able to help their whole families live better lives.

Big shout out to Head-Fi, Jude, Warren Chi, Mike Mercer, and EVERYONE here at Head-Fi who have shown their interest, given feedback on the player, and helped us push through a long year of hard work to get to this point - without your support, feedback, and interest, none of this would be possible!! Please support us now - we have huge plans, both for future products and even bigger, more involved collaborations with music-oriented charities, and we need your help to get there!

So, from the Echobox Team...

THANK YOU HEAD-FI!!!!

COME GET DRUNK ON MUSIC WITH US!!!!

Nov 16, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #2 of 337
Congrats Gilly!

Just a quick question.  I'm a bit confused with IGG campaign where you have First Edition Explorer vs Early Explorer vs Explorer, and the same with First Finder vs Early Finder vs Finder
biggrin.gif
  There is a noticeable price difference with more discount toward "First Edition", but is there a difference in terms of a spec/performance/finish or are we talking about the same unit?  Sorry if I missed it in the description.

Nov 16, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #3 of 337
Nice! The Finder is a killer IEM, one of the few universals I can actually use for hours without much trouble. And it sounds great too!

I know delivery times are tough to nail down... but can you tell us with any confidence that a Finder X1 purchase will make it in time to be a Christmas present?

Nov 16, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #4 of 337
  Congrats Gilly!

Just a quick question.  I'm a bit confused with IGG campaign where you have First Edition Explorer vs Early Explorer vs Explorer, and the same with First Finder vs Early Finder vs Finder
biggrin.gif
  There is a noticeable price difference with more discount toward "First Edition", but is there a difference in terms of a spec/performance/finish or are we talking about the same unit?  Sorry if I missed it in the description.

I echo that question...
wink_face.gif

Was on the indiegogo site and got confused/concerned about what they mean.

Nov 16, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #5 of 337
  Congrats Gilly!

biggrin.gif

Thanks!! ^_^ Our first-tier backers on the Explorer will be getting special customized laser engraving - either monogrammed initials, signature, and *possibly* simple images/pictures.

Sound/performance-wise, all Explorers will be identical.

Nov 16, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #6 of 337
  Nice! The Finder is a killer IEM, one of the few universals I can actually use for hours without much trouble. And it sounds great too!

I know delivery times are tough to nail down... but can you tell us with any confidence that a Finder X1 purchase will make it in time to be a Christmas present?

YES! Our first two tiers of the Finder will be delivered by or before December 21st - plenty of time for wrapping ^_^

Nov 16, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #8 of 337
So, since it will run Android OS, will the Explorer be able to run other streaming services like Google Music, Spotify, Apple Music (when it becomes available on Android), etc? What about other apps?

Nov 16, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #9 of 337
So, since it will run Android OS, will the Explorer be able to run other streaming services like Google Music, Spotify, Apple Music (when it becomes available on Android), etc? What about other apps?

The Explorer will come with TIDAL, Spotify, and Pandora preinstalled. It is compatible with any Android app that will work on 4.2.

Nov 16, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #14 of 337
Well, for $79 you receive 3 months of Tidal and a titanium IEM. The Tidal membership nearly covers the entire cost. I've read that the IEM sounds similar to the Trumpets which I love so I can't wait to put them in my ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back