Echobox Audio: CES 2017 New Products Debut - Impressions - Discussions
Dec 20, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #17 of 78

This looks like Pinnacle P1

Not familiar with the Pinacle P1, will have to check it out!

Funny, MEE Audio and Echobox booths were near each other at the IFA show in 2015 where George was one of the very first people to try a prototype P1
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #18 of 78
By resembling the Pinnacle P1, the Nomad is a huge turn off already.
Originality is important.
Cloning or making a similar product would not make your product a hit.

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #19 of 78
By resembling the Pinnacle P1, the Nomad is a huge turn off already.
Originality is important.
Cloning or making a similar product would not make your product a hit.

I'm sure they will sound different, that's what's important after all
wink.gif

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #20 of 78
I'm sure they will sound different, that's what's important after all :wink:
well you make a point :p
Right now, I am waiting for the soon-to-be king of dynamic iem, Dita Dream.

Dec 21, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #24 of 78
@audio123 and @twister6, I have no idea what George did or did not try, but I can assure you this product is a 100% original creation of our lead earphone engineer, Tang, and in no way shape or form an intentional "copy" of the Pinnacle 1. In fact, I have not ever seen/tried/hear of the Pinnacle and I don't believe that our engineer has either, so I feel quite confident saying it is a complete coincidence. When designing an ergonomic "kidney bean" style IEM, there is really only so much room for originality offered by the limitations of the shape of our ears, and this style of design is definitely one of the best solutions for comfort and fit, especially with an over-ear cable wear style.

So, no copying here, just coincidence born from originality. I can promise as well that the sound of the Nomad is 100% unlike anything else on the market :wink:

Dec 21, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #25 of 78
@audio123 and @twister6, I have no idea what George did or did not try, but I can assure you this product is a 100% original creation of our lead earphone engineer, Tang, and in no way shape or form an intentional "copy" of the Pinnacle 1. In fact, I have not ever seen/tried/hear of the Pinnacle and I don't believe that our engineer has either, so I feel quite confident saying it is a complete coincidence. When designing an ergonomic "kidney bean" style IEM, there is really only so much room for originality offered by the limitations of the shape of our ears, and this style of design is definitely one of the best solutions for comfort and fit, especially with an over-ear cable wear style.

So, no copying here, just coincidence born from originality. I can promise as well that the sound of the Nomad is 100% unlike anything else on the market :wink:
nice. Is the sound v shaped?

Dec 21, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #26 of 78

So, no copying here, just coincidence born from originality. I can promise as well that the sound of the Nomad is 100% unlike anything else on the market
wink.gif

Would you be able to compare it to the Finder? Asking because I am not going to make it to the CES for obvious reasons and I am not going to throw my hat on the ring for a review copy because I am not experienced at doing reviews. However I loooove the finders still my go to earphone for pretty much any outdoors / active so really looking forward to see what you guys are going to do with a higher budget!

Dec 21, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #28 of 78
  Love all these dynamic driver renaissance. Had to pass on X1's indiegogo campaign back then but I'd most likely back this one were you running another campaign.

No plans currently of running another crowdfunding campaign, these puppies are going straight to market :) You should definitely try them though! 

Dec 21, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #29 of 78

Would you be able to compare it to the Finder? Asking because I am not going to make it to the CES for obvious reasons and I am not going to throw my hat on the ring for a review copy because I am not experienced at doing reviews. However I loooove the finders still my go to earphone for pretty much any outdoors / active so really looking forward to see what you guys are going to do with a higher budget!

They are like a super grown up adult version of the Finder combined with a whole lot of "secret-awesome-sauce" :wink: We are holding off on saying anything about the sound of the Traveler and Nomad until they have been debuted and reviewed, as we want the initial feedback to be 100% unique and not influenced by anything we have said. I will say, though, that the sound will blow you away, and absolutely has the possibility of taking its place as the "kind of dynamics", especially for its price range. :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back