Echo Mia level settings
Aug 1, 2008 at 10:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

itza2mer

500+ Head-Fier
Just bought a used older Echo Mia (no MIDI) for my Win XP computer. I'm wondering if any other owners of this card have any suggestions on the best level settings to use. I'm using the Analog output to my old Scott tube amp. Here's a screen capture of my current settings; any tips or suggestions to improve the sound would be helpful. I'm using 'Virtual Out 1-2' (if that helps):
Snap2.jpg

Thanks

Aug 2, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #3 of 6
I have the Echo Mia. When I was using the analog outs, I had it set to -10, not +4 as it is for balanced output or so. All sliders at max. Now I run only digital out (S/PDIF), and sliders are also set at max. Nice card eh?
wink_face.gif

Aug 2, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #4 of 6
Btw, there are new drivers with a new Console interface. At least for us Vista users.

Aug 2, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by nor_spoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the Echo Mia. When I was using the analog outs, I had it set to -10, not +4 as it is for balanced output or so. All sliders at max. Now I run only digital out (S/PDIF), and sliders are also set at max. Nice card eh?
wink_face.gif

It is a great card, glad I bought it! Big improvement over my old M-Audio 2448 card. So far I'm happy with the settings you suggested. I was trying different settings today, and while I was enjoying the +4 setting for 'in your face' rock music, I knew something 'magical' was missing in the midrange. Thanks again, and if I ever upgrade to Vista I'll D/L the new console/interface!

Aug 2, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #6 of 6
It is a great card. I have been running it for many years, and it has worked flawlessly all the time. I think it sounds more "right" at -10. In lack of a better word, the sound "hardened" at +4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back