eCheck function from PayPayl worries me
Oct 11, 2007 at 5:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Kaaspeer

Head-Fier
Yesterday I ordered YUIN PK2's with paypal's eCheck function, now as far as i know paypal will just get the money from my bank account then and send it to nankai. I must admit that this is convenient but now if someone finds my paypal password they can just rip my bank account completely empty.

Correct me if i'm wrong though maybe i've misread something.

Usually i didn't really bother with all the paypal scams since the balance on my account was 0 all the time anyway. When i had to buy something i just transferred some money from my bankaccount to Paypal.
But if they can just empty my bank account without me giving the order to do it kinda scares me.

Oct 11, 2007 at 8:15 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe he doesnt have one?

Or maybe he does and just wanted to pay from his bank account instead? He didn't say, which is why I asked.

Oct 11, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #7 of 7
IMO, e-checks are something paypal dreampt up to protect themselves from potential fraud. The only difference I can see between an immediate transfer from your bank account and an e-check, is that with an immediate bank transfer, the seller receives his funds immediately, while with an e-check, the seller has to wait several days until paypal has confirmed the money has been transferred from your bank account into paypal's account, before the money is released to the seller ... so again, it's there to protect paypal.

I sometimes purchase and pay for as many as 20 or 30 small auctions within the same day, and have found that even though my account is verified and I've made hundreds of problem-free transactions, paypal will only allow a limited number of payments to be made by one method ... credit card, bank transfer, or e-check. At some point which I've yet to discover, they will suddenly not allow one or two of the three methods of payment, forcing you to use the method(s) of their choice. e-checks slow down payment to the seller which often means they don't ship until the e-check has cleared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back