ECC31/ECC32/ECC33/ECC34/ECC35 Tube Addicts
Jul 12, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #91 of 100
You have a lot yourself. You've tried Telefunken G73R and I have not. It's too expensive now !
Funny you should mention the G73R. . . I sold mine a while back, and I was just looking at some pairs on eBay, and yes they are super expensive now. I am not sure they are worth that kind of money, but who knows I might cave eventually. They are magical tubes no doubt, but so are my Welded Plate GEC VR135 (very first version), of which have not come out of my amp since rolling them in a week ago. I think I may have found my unicorn . . .

Jul 12, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #92 of 100
my Welded Plate GEC VR135 (very first version)

Are you talking about this? I bought this from Dan of AudioValve UK.

IMG_6808.jpg

Jul 12, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #93 of 100
@TLO and @UntilThen Both of you guys are relentless, and must have some of the best tube collections out there! I have a few good one's in my stash, but something tells me you both are at a completely different level. I am living through you fellas and dream of owning some of those super old and expensive rare tubes!
lol...not really, I have missed the boat too...quite late into tubes. Luckily, I got into crazy buying mode a few years back and managed to collect some very popular tubes at much lower cost compared to today. One tube that I have missed the chance of collecting is ECC32, which cost around USD500-600 a pair NIB when I started. Thought it is too expensive then...lol...should have just grabbed a pair.
Nowadays, I only hunt for European tubes, that no one has hyped about, at no more than USD20-25 a piece NIB. Anything more, I will pass... :sweat_smile:

Jul 12, 2023 at 8:11 AM Post #96 of 100
Are you talking about this? I bought this from Dan of AudioValve UK.

No, the one's I am using are older than those. In my experience the earlier versions with welded plates is always "better" with any tube type, than the latter versions with crimped/stapled plates. When I say "better", I mean more organic and natural yet still having killer detail and impact.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #98 of 100
Dont really wanted to hype a tube...but try GEC/MOV MHLD6/CV1101/VR101 (dual diode triode) if you havent yet. This will go for around USD25-40 a piece NIB. Please note heater current is high at 0.635A per tube, 1.27A a pair.

20230712_200317.jpg
Awesome! I am going to have to try those. Thanks for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back