Ebay?
Nov 11, 2001 at 4:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Daniel

New Head-Fier
Concidering getting some Sony V6's, On Ebay, there seems to be some cheap ones, some cheaper than others. I can'r decided whether to get them used or pay alot more for New cans.

QUESTION - Are used headphones really that bad?

What deterates?
Anyone else bought used 'phones on the web?

Help,

Nov 11, 2001 at 4:50 AM Post #2 of 4
V6's are built like a tank, except the pads, which we all like to replace anyways.

But ask for detailed pictures, first!!

I *HAVE* seen a pair of completely decimated V6's...

Nov 11, 2001 at 6:16 AM Post #3 of 4
Check the sellers background, do they have a lot of negatives? Also, feel free to email them for more info, like how long have they owned them, did they use them often, etc etc. I have purchased a pair of Denons without hassle just a few weeks ago. Plus, ask for pics of the cans if they did not post them up (if they posted professional looking pics, chances are its not pics of the actual cans the seller is selling). Like gluegun said, you can easily replace the pads, so thats not a problem.

George

Nov 11, 2001 at 2:43 PM Post #4 of 4
The reply from the seller means a lot. If they are snotty and evasive, forget it! On the other hand, I tried to sell some DH mountain bike rims and got inundated with just plain stupid questions by a few individuals who wanted them really baaaaad. They never bid. Yes, I was polite. To add insult to injury, they offered to take them off my hands for less than the minimum bid (1/5 their new price - and they were new) if I would pay for shipping to Brazil or some such place. I will never deal with the DH crowd again. In the mean time, the rims look good hanging on the wall.

Anyway, it has been my experience that the audio buyer/sellers are much better to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back