eBay - You Just Gotta Love It
Mar 22, 2004 at 3:14 AM Post #61 of 79
CWCalk, you are the man! Ill tell ya what dude, you are not alone in this... ill try one as well if my new PPA doesnt tickle me in the right spots when I get it back...

Mar 22, 2004 at 3:47 AM Post #62 of 79
You are right, checking his site it says we also speak chinese and mandarin!
Hey I am new to tubes, I am giddy in anticipation to reviewers! if only I had the money to buy I would
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey glad to see more new headphone amp makers around here! Welcome ___Whatisinside___!

Quote:

Originally posted by adhoc
what i simply cannot understand is why you all are dissing something you havent listened to.

as for the poor english - since when did that matter? so the japanese (at, stax, etc) dont make good equipment because they cant speak english well? what abt shanling players?
rolleyes.gif

perhaps the description was babelfish-ed from chinese to english? doing a quick mental translation, it makes perfect sense in mandarin.

EDIT: oh, and fyi, there are many many many high-end amps/sources that ship without a powercord.

Mar 23, 2004 at 2:15 PM Post #65 of 79
cwcalk - depending on your opinion - you just might push me over in getting my first real amp!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 24, 2004 at 9:24 AM Post #68 of 79
Quote:

Originally posted by whatIsInside
"Ask your English teacher for language. Ask Mr. Woo for Hi-Fi".

that is a great slogan.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2004 at 9:54 AM Post #69 of 79
Never having heard a tube amp, outside of guitar amps, I can't comment much, except that it looks schweet. But hey, anyone who winds their own transformers has to be pretty serious.

Also, his solid state amp looks awesome. I'm not sure if it's the fact that the thing has to weigh 100 lbs., the giant row of capacitors, or the overall construction, but it's just awesome
biggrin.gif

(-:Stephonovich:)

Mar 24, 2004 at 12:22 PM Post #70 of 79
am i the only one who cannot get into either site?
confused.gif
frown.gif

Mar 24, 2004 at 12:36 PM Post #71 of 79
Quote:

Originally posted by adhoc
am i the only one who cannot get into either site?
confused.gif
frown.gif

Works OK for me...

Mar 24, 2004 at 12:38 PM Post #72 of 79
usc goose: We think so different. They find it hard to grasp some things that come easy to us, because they simply don't have our frame of reference. I show 'em this can of Campbell's tomato soup. I say, "This is soup." Then I show 'em a picture of Andy Warhol's painting of a can of Campbell's tomato soup. I say, "This is art." "This is soup." "And this is art." Then I shuffle the two behind my back. Now what is this?

Did I tell you what happened at the play? We were at the back of the theater, standing there in the dark, all of a sudden I feel one of 'em tug my sleeve, whispers, "Trudy, look." I said, "Yeah, goosebumps. You definitely got goosebumps. You really like the play that much?" They said it wasn't the play that gave 'em goosebumps, it was the audience.
I forgot to tell 'em to watch the play; they'd been watching the audience! Yeah, to see a group of strangers sitting together in the dark, laughing and crying about the same things...that just knocked 'em out. They said, "Trudy, the play was soup...the audience...art."
So they're taking goosebumps home with 'em. Goosebumps! Quite a souvenir. I like to think of them out there in the dark, watching us. Sometimes we'll do something and they'll laugh. Sometimes we'll do something and they'll cry. And maybe one day we'll do something so magnificent, everyone in the universe will get goosebumps.

USC GOOSE, it's a good story,deep!!!

Mar 24, 2004 at 7:05 PM Post #73 of 79
I am waiting to read CwCalk's impressions, too. What would be really neat is a comparison to a PPX3 with stock tubes.

I notice their latest Ebay listing says this: Quote:

The circuit design referenced from an advanced OTL circuit and further improved.

which clarifies a lot.

That is one very small tube amp, and if it sounds good then I'm sure Mr. Woo will be getting a lot of orders, especially at that price point.

Mar 25, 2004 at 1:34 AM Post #75 of 79
The wooAudio amplifier arrived today. I will post my attempt at a detailed review in a few days. My initial impressions, based on less than 2 hours of listening, are very positive.

As an aside, I am willing to ship the amplifier to a "known" fellow head-fi member for use at an upcoming meet. PM me if interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back